Ok..lets see more pics of PopIts nails!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More pics ladies! I know there are more of you out there who have done a set of nails with these and are holding out on us!
I love the examples so far! I am stilll waiting for my poppits to come in the mail! I live in Arizona and I think the place I ordered from is on the east coast somewhere. I will let all you peeps know when I get them and test them.

My biggest concern is proper fit. I myself, have very narrow nail beds, and half the time, the smallest tips available are too big for my pinkies. I am hoping these don't run too big. Normally the first 2 sizes of tips I never use on myself.

Can't wait to see!

More pics ladies! I know there are more of you out there who have done a set of nails with these and are holding out on us!
I love the examples so far! I am stilll waiting for my poppits to come in the mail! I live in Arizona and I think the place I ordered from is on the east coast somewhere. I will let all you peeps know when I get them and test them.

My biggest concern is proper fit. I myself, have very narrow nail beds, and half the time, the smallest tips available are too big for my pinkies. I am hoping these don't run too big. Normally the first 2 sizes of tips I never use on myself.

Can't wait to see!

Well I think you may struggle to find a form that will fit your smallest fingernail. But not having to buff 8 of them will still be better than buffing 10. Do your little nails the normal way.

I did one on a client today to show her....she wants them next time...couldn't stop stroking it hahaha

I still keep doing that with the one Geeg did as I left it on as an example to myself :lol: the shaping and finishing is one of my fave bits when I do my nails and I always get a super shine on them but its not a patch on the Popit finish.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/emmsybabes/Picture175.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/emmsybabes/Picture174.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/emmsybabes/Picture172.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/emmsybabes/Picture162-1.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/emmsybabes/Picture160-1.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/emmsybabes/Picture158.jpg

These are the pics I have so far....
The first 3 are natural tip and popIt overlay

2nd lot of pics are already on the boards somewhere..they are glitter fades applied with PopIts too
xxx

Just to add...I have left the pictures large so you can have a reeeaall close up look lol

Lovely pics Emmsy, Can I ask what kind of natural tips you use as they look fab?!

They are actually tips I picked up forever ago from a market :o

~~emmsy puts hands in air and says....dooonntt shooottt ~~

But I love the look of them....not quite natural, but not quite white...
They are my favourite tips tbh ..
I cut out the well on this set too, and placed the smile where I wanted it xx

They are called nSalon btw

heres a couple more pics
heres the one Gigi did for me in leeds....I have shortened it though...
Beautiful over a week later xx
and not one person has realised it is a enhancement yet..I have had to point it out to them lol
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/emmsybabes/Picture217-2.jpg

and heres some I did yesterday ....can u spot the one I did by hand lol...it stands out a MILE ..
these are a bit long for my liking ....but its what she wanted so hey ho ~
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/emmsybabes/Picture220-1.jpg

these pics again are really big...so you can see exactly how bloomin perfect they are....this was i think my 4th full set using popIts ...
I am totally getting the hang of them now
xxxx

Where can I buy these popits from and how much are they?

:eek:I am sooooooooooooooooooooo looking forward to using them.

Ring finger on the right of the picture? Only reason I pick that one is it looks 'flusher' in the cuticle area and the free edge looks slightly wider. Could just be the angle though. I didn't spot Loubylou's in person up close so donty know why I think I can do it in a picture :lol::lol:

Looks great, love the little bit of bling on each ring finger :hug:

Ring finger on the right of the picture? Only reason I pick that one is it looks 'flusher' in the cuticle area and the free edge looks slightly wider. Could just be the angle though. I didn't spot Loubylou's in person up close so donty know why I think I can do it in a picture :lol::lol:

Looks great, love the little bit of bling on each ring finger :hug:

Yea, I thought this one too.

Yep you're all right ...
Its a lot wider than the others and not the same lovely curve
....i fought with it to get it to look the same as the others lol..
Im not too keen on the gems tbh ..but she likes them lol...

Yep you're all right ...
Its a lot wider than the others and not the same lovely curve

But... it does look more natural around the cuticle line, are these popits capable of making an enhancement completely flush to the nail at the cuitcle line?

But... it does look more natural around the cuticle line, are these popits capable of making an enhancement completely flush to the nail at the cuitcle line?

Well...I prefer the look of the popits overall ..the overal shape is nicer than the one I create..
zone 3 is slightly thicker using popIts than the way I do them....
BUT this doesnt mean they do not still look fab...because they do..

It is such a neat line..all tidy and no chance of lifting ect...I have had mine on for over a week..and no lifting whatsoever....nor does it look obvious that my own nails are growing, even though I have glitters on.

Im so rubbish with explanations..and obviously I'm still new to them myself..
Mabey a more experienced user (cough cough..Gigi lol )
Can give us a better worded reply :hug:

okay.. but with the poppit, if you run a finger nail down the nail to the cuitcle, can you feel that ridge?

I can clearly see the rise (ridge) at the cuti line, it would bug the hell out of me if I could feel the ridge also, and many clients I have if they can feel an imperfection (which a ridge to me would be - the enhancement should be completley flush) they would (WOULD) work at picking them off.

okay.. but with the poppit, if you run a finger nail down the nail to the cuitcle, can you feel that ridge?

I can clearly see the rise (ridge) at the cuti line, it would bug the hell out of me if I could feel the ridge also, and many clients I have if they can feel an imperfection (which a ridge to me would be - the enhancement should be completley flush) they would (WOULD) work at picking them off.

You can see a slight ridge when the nails applied with PopIts grows out ... there is no denying it. I thought it would bug the hell out of me but I wear polish and really it doesn't. It is a little more noticeable when nails are worn natural. A 3 minute buff and tidy after about 10 days and we are FLUSH.

However it has to be said, that application does make a difference too and you can minimise it but it will never be as flush as the perfectly done hand-made nail. They aren't hand made nails. They still are beautiful and there are always ways round things.

I would say that 80% of the people who I have done have not bothered one bit about it. My long standing clients who have been totally spoiled with good hand made nails and know what they are looking for want the buff and tidy which I have taught them to do and sold them the things to do it.

Your clients will be as uptight as you make them about it. I say nothing and then wait to see if it bugs them. The majority it does not.

I am running one of my nails over my Popit enhancement cuticle area now...and yes there is a ridge...
I understand what your saying, you wouldnt like it and your clients...then they wont be suitable for you or your clients i dont think hun.

To try them on yourself and mabey a demo on individual clients would be the only way to find out I suppose.
But as said the Popits wont be suitable for everybody,

Personally it doesnt bug me..and none of my clients have complained of that at all... it is a ridge ,...but its a smooth run down to the nail plate iykwim..
and as long as applied correctly they wont be able to pick at them..because ..
well you just cant lol...it is firmly bonded, so you can't get in to pick...
from a picker and a enhancment biters point of veiw (yep lil' me bites and picks if I can get at it then i will get at it :o )

Also it is not a noticeable ridge when looking at the nails in real life..although they are more obvious in the photo's especially when viewed in original format. HUGE !

I am only giving my experiences with these..other peoples may differ..of course.

A 3 minute buff and tidy after about 10 days and we are FLUSH.

They still are beautiful and there are always ways round things. Totally agree....the whole shape and shine and form I think more than makes up for the little "ridge"

buff and tidy which I have taught them to do and sold them the things to do it.
OOOh Gigi I have never thought to do this ,
thankyou for the :idea: that would make so much sense to do lol
Your clients will be as uptight as you make them about it. I say nothing and then wait to see if it bugs them. The majority it does not.
If there is one thing I have learned on here and from a client last week this last comment is sooo true,
I point out things without realising I am doing it to clients ...only then..do they notice ..adding extra time onto my sets,
I shan't be doing this anymore nope...no more negative vibes passing from me to clients from now on..
xxxx

Couldn't you just file zone three flush? I know we were promised "no finishing required" but 5 minutes to fix this zone and buff the nails isn't so bad is it?

Couldn't you just file zone three flush? I know we were promised "no finishing required" but 5 minutes to fix this zone and buff the nails isn't so bad is it?

After application, the small ridge is so close to the eponychium that it would be really a delicate job to blend it away at the time of application, so close to the skin; plus it defeats the whole object of using PopIts in the first place.

Maybe to offer a 15 minute buff and re-polish service after 10 days?

You don't notice anything until after 8-10 days! Most don't worry about it at all.

It all depends on the tightness of the nail fold at the eponychium. If you can lift the fold gently when preparing the nail for service, then you do not see any ridge at all once the PopIt has been applied. If the fold is really tight, then it is a teensy bit more noticeable.

yep, you sure could..
I dont mind it though, and I dont think there are many others who will..
They are too busy stroking the nail..and admiring the shine to notice lol

Latest posts

Back