Ok..lets see more pics of PopIts nails!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahdae

Reaction score
I have searched and can only find about 3 examples of finished popits nails, and none of them are the traditional pink and white--which is what I really want to see. I have seen nail art, which hides the finished result, and I have seen an example of clear/natural, but I want to see more of you geeks out there who have actually done a set of pink and whites with the popits.

If I am totally missing it, can someone point me to where I would see these pics, if already posted. I live in the states (AZ) and just purchsed a box of 300 for , they will be coming next week, and I am very excited to try them on my own nails. I am so tired of 2-3 hours for my own nails, which has become a chore.

My main questions are how do you judge how much product to put in the form, I guess that all comes with practice. And I am really looking forward to the tutorial when GEEG puts it up, whenever that happens!

Ok lets see those popit pics! Please!!!

hi sarahdae,
geeg has posted on training if you check whats new in the last 24hrs you should see theres 3 threads on these new poppits I ordered mine yesterday and can't wait and emmsybabes has posted a few pics of p&w and also a glittery one they look fab,my prob is I don't know how to show you how to find them so I hope what I just said will help

I'm wondering if it's possible to try this method using a full coverage nail tip, like those Prescription Nails? Anyone know?

Also, anyone who has the Popits and has used them, would you be able to post the steps used to apply them? And include little tips, as in how much product to apply and how long to wait before popping it off?

I know there will be a tutorial but not soon enough because I wanna know now!

I asked the place I ordered the Poppits from if there was a video included and she said yes but it's in Spanish. Yikes........ so? Can someone answer a few question?

valenciannails beat me to it,she just done what I can't do LOL

wow, thanks for the link to geegs long anticipated instructions...
However, the tutorial leads me to belive that using white powder to the tip is not a good method? She says to use a white tip, then cover with one color (clear). I don't like the look of white tips under clear.
She also says one ball works best, so I am really wondering if the white tip "painted" into the form method will really work. It has to work, there is no other way I want to do these.
Well I guess time will tell.

wow, thanks for the link to geegs long anticipated instructions...
However, the tutorial leads me to belive that using white powder to the tip is not a good method? She says to use a white tip, then cover with one color (clear). I don't like the look of white tips under clear.
She also says one ball works best, so I am really wondering if the white tip "painted" into the form method will really work. It has to work, there is no other way I want to do these.
Well I guess time will tell.

I was wondering this too. Can you not do pink and whites with popIts?

I was wondering this too. Can you not do pink and whites with popIts?

I'd hazard a yes to that Q, I'd say it will take more time and practice on the techs behalf but it will be possible... it would be pretty stupid to put out a product that cant do what a majorty of clients still want (french)

Personally - I'm still on the fence on this one (the whole popit thing)

However, the tutorial leads me to believe that using white powder to the tip is not a good method? She says to use a white tip, then cover with one color (clear). I don't like the look of white tips under clear.
http://www.salongeek.com/training/63348-popits-your-questions-answered.html

hth's

I'd hazard a yes to that Q, I'd say it will take more time and practice on the techs behalf but it will be possible... it would be pretty stupid to put out a product that cant do what a majorty of clients still want (french)

Personally - I'm still on the fence on this one (the whole popit thing)
Me too, finishing takes me about 10-15 mins, so that's the time I would save, apart from losing the bespoke service.....jury still out here and I'm still wondering what it will do to the industry in the longer term.

You asked for pictures...

028.jpg

034.jpg

032.jpg

Now, you must know that I didn't use popits. I used a clear tip. I did do pink & white gel. The steps I used are in the critiques section.

Lovely nails.:hug:. Do you know if you can do the tip thing with acrylic, as i have read on other posts that the acrylic eats into the tip so cant be removed? Thanks for any info in advance.

i did a full set using popits culpted with pink & whites, ill try & upload a pic.

i also did a set onmyself, but there is some lifting on some of my fingers, they seem to go too close to the skin if one is slightly too big causig lifting, but the next size down leaved gaps on the side walls, so i cant win at the moment.

Crikey, for sitting on the fence you are pretty vocal about being unhappy about something you haven't even seen! In fact, you post more negatively about PopIts than you do about any other subject.

I suppose I understand on some level. 'Fear of the unknown' often makes people automatically dislike something they have no first hand knowledge of. In fact, it reminds me of the 'glass is half full' sculptors that thought the world would end when tips were introduced.

If you are just being a 'purist' (which I consider myself to be), and the concept is just not 'artistically challenging enough' for you, then why not try applying your product with an electric toothbrush next time... that will be artistically challenging! Do you use tips? I sure hope not... that is like... cheating! You should only ever use forms if you want to be a true artist.

I was NOT a fan of the concept of PopIts when I first looked into them. Seeing them first hand instantly changed my perception. Though it is still too early to say that the concept is the next 'tips' of our profession, however why knock it until you drop it? ;)After all, here is a chance to beat HVLC salons at their own game - but make more moolah at the same time as diversifying your client base. What exactly is the down side so far? What exactly is the sitting on the fence thing about?

I am 100% through and through a professional and a champion of all things professional in our industry. A PopIt doesn't threaten me, my creativity, my skill development or my industry. If anything it is about time we have a tool that will help salons compete with the HVLC salons in a postive manner.

HTHs

Crikey, for sitting on the fence you are pretty vocal about being unhappy about something you haven't even seen! In fact, you post more negatively about PopIts than you do about any other subject.

I suppose I understand on some level. 'Fear of the unknown'

Hi sam who are you speaking about? If its me, then i have seen the popits and i came 2 1/2 hour drive to see the demo on Monday. So i have seen it.

I am not posting anything negative as i have used them on clients already and on myself!? As i said above i will be posting a picture of the set i did on a client, fully sculpted using popits and they look fab...

No Sara, I meant Claws :)

my first full set with popits,
I've used white tips and kept the shape short and square, I wanted to see just how quick I could work with them, I guess the sky is the limit with them, but I think I'm going to using them more for a natural t/o and with white tips. I'll keep my hand made pink and whites for my brush !!
still not sure on the whole price thing, following that thread with great interest !
any hows I did these in under a hour, I did take the well out of the tips to give a better smile, so this added a little time.

Attachments

• demo popit 3.JPG
    demo popit 3.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 1,498
  • demo popit 2.JPG
    demo popit 2.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 1,401
  • demo popit 1.JPG
    demo popit 1.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 1,105
my first full set with popits,
I've used white tips and kept the shape short and square, I wanted to see just how quick I could work with them, I guess the sky is the limit with them, but I think I'm going to using them more for a natural t/o and with white tips. I'll keep my hand made pink and whites for my brush !!
still not sure on the whole price thing, following that thread with great interest !
any hows I did these in under a hour, I did take the well out of the tips to give a better smile, so this added a little time.

They are lovely Clare, I cant wait to get my hands on some Poppits and give it a go! xx
Welldone xx

Clara they look awsome!! I love the length and the glitter! Well done, I cant wait to get my popits. You said that you cut out the well,Just wondering if you have any tips on how to do this correctly, as I have tried to do it and it never seems to look right? Maybe I'm just not that good with scizzors!!

Latest posts

Back