Ok mums and dads I need some help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amirose

Reaction score
Right so basicaly me (Amy) and my friend Lisa have decided to take the plunge and do Kids Parties in our (limited:eek:) spare time to boost our incomes and give us a bit of variation. We have both worked in childcare so plenty of experince.

ANYWAY ... I have been working my little butt off on our new website Kids Party Planet - For all inclusive parties! | (as I am the business brain :rolleyes:) and really all I need now is for you mums and dads (the people who pay!!!) to have a look and tell me what you think. :green:

I do want people to be honest but not to harsh cos I have brain ache from all that hard work :lol:

Thanks ever so much
Amy

Ok Im going to reply as I click around, so I dont forget my very first impressions

Love the colour as the page opens, the blue is lovely,

I think the description is cool. But I'm not keen on the smileys ,

I love the themes and the outlook of that page too,

I think your catering page is fab...very detailed without overloading

Overall as a mum of 2 girls
I LOVE IT,

But I am gutted you dont cover my area lol, I'd be booking you !!!

Awww cool lol !! Im not using any smilies in this post promise -man thats actually really hard!

Amy x

I think the website is fantastic! Well done you!! However my only negative feedback is that there is not a healthy food option in the nosh packages! I am a stickler for nutrition though so ....only my opinion!

Looks wicked though well done!!

:hug::hug::hug:

I think the website is fantastic! Well done you!! However my only negative feedback is that there is not a healthy food option in the nosh packages! I am a stickler for nutrition though so ....only my opinion!

Looks wicked though well done!!

:hug::hug::hug:

Thanks hun :green: Your right about the healthy food thing I have added this
* Fruit can be included, Just ask! How about that? !!!

Amy x

OOOh nooo I love smileys :green:
Just dont know....don't think they look right on your webpage...
Like they dont suit it iykwim,
x:lol:

It's a fab looking site, I love the colours you've used, I think it's really eyecatching.

I have noticed a few mistakes though (if you don't mind)
For starters, I'd take off your home address. There are contact phone numbers and an email address, that's plenty. Also on the headings at the top of the page, it should be Girls' Parties/Boys' Parties/Under Fives' Parties.

On the Our Team page, on your bit you've misspelled 'addition' (you've got two i's).

On the under fives page, the tiny tots party, you need to make balloon's into balloons.

On the FAQs page, you need to do a spell check on it, there are quite a few spelling mistakes.

I think it's a brilliant idea, you've obviously worked very hard on it, and it sounds like you're going to have loads of fun with it. Good luck! :hug:

Ok so i love the site Great stright to the point. Explinations are clear. the only thing i would change is your Pictures of your selfs once you have a party take pictures there so them you and lisa in action. make it a more professional picture. But thats just my opion

Fantastic, just wish you were in Derby as its my sons 6th birthday in March! :lol:

I think it's a fab website and a cool business idea... one thing I'd like to see (as a parent) are details of a police check, I understand that Lisa would have one with her being a childminder but I think that you should add them to the 'Our Team' page.

:D

Fab idea great web site you seem to have it all covered with plenty of choice looks professional too, but would agree with ValencianNails on the following comment,

one thing I'd like to see (as a parent) are details of a police check, I understand that Lisa would have one with her being a childminder but I think that you should add them to the 'Our Team' page.

Good Luck I'm sure you will be a huge success. :)

I think its a great website. Youve done a great job, as its done so well i think it may be a good idea to look into doing adult parties for ladies such as nail parties offering wine,nibbles and doing their nails? xx

I think its a great website. Youve done a great job, as its done so well i think it may be a good idea to look into doing adult parties for ladies such as nail parties offering wine,nibbles and doing their nails? xx

Many technicians and therapists do this already :D

Hi,
I've written quite a comprehensive list of mistakes. Can you tell I'm a primary teacher? LOL However, I really love the site and it all looks very exciting and fun. I'd be very impressed if I was a parent loking to have a party. You've really covered a lot. Going for weddings etc is a great idea too. I've been really picky in pointing out errors, but if it's worth doing, it's worth doing well. Don't take it as critisism, as the site is easy to navigate, colours are great, and it's full of information.

I'd add some pictures of parties in full swing once you get going. However, watch you have parent's written permission to put their children's pictures on the internet. It might be easier to "stage it" with your own children. If you are doing this, take the pictures where the children's faces are obscured/ turned away so they cannot be identified and don't put any children's names on the site. You never know who is looking and you don't want to give out details of your children where people can find out your address.

love the colour and pattern as the site opens up.
Home page - get rid of the little smiley sitting there all by himself, looks tagged on and out of place.

Our team page - should be "Hi, my name's Amy/Lisa"
I'm a qualified Nail Technician;
and I'm a qualified Nursery Nurse and an Ofsted approved child minder; (there are semi colons on these two lines, but not the following ones. Either put them on every line or remove these. I'd just remove them as I think it would look too messy on every line.)

Cache Diploma in child care and education Level 3 (should this be Creche?)

Introduction to child minding practice certificate Child Minding Practice Certificate (capitals)

I'm a talented artist and do child's face painting. children's face painting

The photos look messy. Make sure you are against a wall with no door frame/ items visible.

Girls' parties page

Girl's Party's should be Girls' Parties
All party's include age appropriate traditional party games. should be All parties

Boys' parties page

Boy's Party's should be Boys' parties
All party's include age appropriate traditional party games. should be All parties

In the football themed party the "Including our planet nosh" on the second line seems to have a space before it as it is out of line with the one on the line above it. (Picky I know, but you want it to be perfect!)

Argh! Pirate themed party - I would make it Arrgh! as I think that is more of a pirate noise, whereas argh sounds more like a scream LOL

Camouflage filled party bags & a Army birthday cake should be and an Army birthday cake

Under 5 page

Under five's Party's should be Under fives' Parties

something small for each child participating, in our experience should be with a full stop ie something small for each child participating. In our experience.....

*Adults expected to stay I would make it *Adults are required to stay

Planet nosh page

When clicking to see the part bag designs, the text is all muddled if the window opened is too small to allow the whole line of bags to be put on the one row (make your window narrower to see what I mean). I don't know if this can be cahanged by somehow linking the text to the box picture?

Package one heading shows up away on the right hand side on my computer.

I feel you need to separate the different packages better. I really like the text you use and it stands out well, but it almost looks as though it belongs to the previous package. Can you separate it with more space from the previous one, make your separation line longer, or join your heading on to the prices box?

FAQ page

I was planning on making my own birthday cake but I noticed you offer birthday cakes as part of your party themes can I use my own instead? should be two sentences ".....as part of your party themes. Can I use....."

Well it's up to you! You can either have two birthday cakes (probably a good idea if your having a large party anyway) or we can deduct the cake & £6 from your final bill.
Well, it's up to you........a good idea if you're.....or we won't supply the cake and will deduct £6......

Do you do unisex parties? should be mixed sex parties

This depends allot on location, size of hall required & whether it's a weekday or weekend however the average is around £15 per hour.
This depends a lot ........or weekend. However, the .........

trust us your carpets will appreciate it! trust us, your.....

Both the girl's Totally Pink Party and the boy's Cool Blue themed party can be subsisted for most other colours please enquire for more information.
Both the girls' ......the boys'......can be changed to most other colours. Please......

How long will my party last?
Party's normally Parties normally.....

I've got less than 10 children coming can we still have a party?
YES! Our prices start at 10 children so you will be charged as if 10 children were present however anything not used (i.e. party bags, hats, noisemakers etc) will be yours to keep!
I've got fewer than.......coming. Can we......
YES! Our prices start at 10 children, so.......were present. However, anything.....

It depends! If your child is very shy they may not want to be, if not we will of course make sure they are spoilt rotten we will discuss all this with you at the time of booking

....want to be. If not, we.........rotten. We will.... and take out the smiley
There is an extra blank line under this answer.

0-2 years parties) however if your having 0-2 years parties). However, if you're having

keep them bopping! take out the smiley

We have a portfolio of all our available party's and parties

Our team members our Amy & Lisa. Our team members are....

The deposit can be paid for by cheque, cash ......paid by cheque....

my friends bringing her baby do I have to pay for the baby to come too?
NO! If your friend/s (or you!) has a very young baby that won't be participating in the

my friend is bringing her baby. Do I......
If your friend (or you!) has

grazing at the buffet, you may need a larger spread.
...buffet. You may..... Take out the smiley in this answer too

Venues page

If you want to hire a hall heres a ........a hall, here's a

(Particularly like this very comprehensive list - good time saving for parents having to find out where they can hire, and the phone numbers)

.....and finally! You've made a really good looking website. Congratualations to you! Get in touch if you want any further clarification of my ideas/grammar, etc
Best of luck to both of you in your venture!
Marion xx

Thanks hun :green: Your right about the healthy food thing I have added this
* Fruit can be included, Just ask! How about that? !!!

Amy x
I have to say I really don't think just giving the optiion of fruit is enough. The thought of 20 kids running around hyped up on junk food would be enough to put me off the idea.
What about vegetable sticks, cheese, low fat bickies, healthy dips?

I have to say I really don't think just giving the optiion of fruit is enough. The thought of 20 kids running around hyped up on junk food would be enough to put me off the idea.
What about vegetable sticks, cheese, low fat bickies, healthy dips?

see I must be a mental mum lol
Because I try to drum it into my children to eat healthy all year round,
So I want their birthday parties to be full of junk food,
I want to see 20 kids running round all hyped up lol,
I want to see their eyes light up when they see the massive bowl of harribo jellies and a table full of E numbers :green:

The thought of having a p[late of carrot sticks and celery instead of jelly and chcolate cakes....fills me with horror :eek:
I want them all to go home with choclate all over their faces, and cherryade all over their clothes lmao,

MMMYYY BAAADDDDD !!!!:green::green:

Lmao

see I must be a mental mum lol
Because I try to drum it into my children to eat healthy all year round,
So I want their birthday parties to be full of junk food,
I want to see 20 kids running round all hyped up lol,
I want to see their eyes light up when they see the massive bowl of harribo jellies and a table full of E numbers :green:

The thought of having a p[late of carrot sticks and celery instead of jelly and chcolate cakes....fills me with horror :eek:
I want them all to go home with choclate all over their faces, and cherryade all over their clothes lmao,

MMMYYY BAAADDDDD !!!!:green::green:

Lmao
:lol: I'm not saying no junk. I generally do both and I think kids like both. I do too. Just lots of food.
That's all the time BTW not just parties.

Lol I know you're not hunny,

I do think the option of fruit and veg is good,
Some kids dont like junk food,

my daughter always chooses the fruit bag instead of fries in mcdonalds..she just doesnt like them....she drinks water all the time, never juice or fizzy pop,
she just prefers it .

I never did understand that kid !!! :green:
lol

When I first read it I was a little confused as to venue, until I saw the links, which I think could be a little larger. I think it might be a good idea to mention on your home page that you provide the parties at a venue of their choice, either in their own home or somewhere else.

Otherwise I agree with what has been said before re the smileys, get rid of them.

It does look good though, well done. You have obviously worked very hard.

Good luck.

Trish :hug:

Hi,
I've written quite a comprehensive list of mistakes. Can you tell I'm a primary teacher? LOL However, I really love the site and it all looks very exciting and fun. I'd be very impressed if I was a parent loking to have a party. You've really covered a lot. Going for weddings etc is a great idea too. I've been really picky in pointing out errors, but if it's worth doing, it's worth doing well. Don't take it as critisism, as the site is easy to navigate, colours are great, and it's full of information.

.....and finally! You've made a really good looking website. Congratualations to you! Get in touch if you want any further clarification of my ideas/grammar, etc
Best of luck to both of you in your venture!
Marion xx

Marion,
A HUGE thank you to you! You obviously took a lot of time and effort to help me and I just wanted to let you know how much it was appreciated. I was a little overwhelmed at first but once I got going with it, it wasn’t so bad!
I have to admit spelling and grammar are not my strong point (blushes profusely) I tend to type how I say and hey, I’m an Essex girl!!!
It is Cache and not crèche, Cache is the awarding body of the qualification.
I have to say I learnt something today! I couldn’t work out why it was boys’ and not boy’s then I remembered that the apostrophe replaces a letter like in say don’t it replaces the O. Still not entirely sure why its boys’ though!
I have made nearly all of the alterations you have suggested or that needed to be made I hope you can’t spot anything now!

I also want to thank everyone else who’s replied the feedback has been a huge boost to my confidence and your advice has helped me get this site perfect and ready to go!

Kind regards
Amy

PS Hopefully there are no more grammar or spelling mistakes (this post not included!!!)

Latest posts

Back