ok nail question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenny2

Reaction score
Hi guys, at the moment i am using the brisa system and am not satisfied with my finish look. I have thought about going and taking the day course working with there product. The thing is these products cost so much and like you guys we want the best for our clients. Many clients i speak to do not want gel they want acrylic as they beleive they are stronger. I want a system that i can stick with and be proud of. At one point calgel was all the rage but it is a soft gel and does not seem to take the heat. I ride horses also so they have to be strong. Please can as many of you tell me which system you use. What your clients preffer how long they last. The finished look. that sort of thing. Feel as though if i do not sort it out then i will not advertise i do them
thanks jenny

What is it about the finished look that you're not satisfied with?

I use Brisa and I love it... maybe a 1-2-1 would be beneficial for you.

I use Brisa and CND L&P, and I have to say that I find the Brisa enhancements as strong as the L&P ones. I agree that maybe you would find a 1-1 helpful.:hug:

Ive recently switched to Brisa. Im still tweaking my techniques here and there, but I absoloutely love it! so easy to use and fantastic strong result. There are different ways of perfecting your finished look. Id stick with it, you'll get there.

Sandi, is such a helpful geek! Im sure she'll help you out!
Oh and ive gotten to the bottom of my problem i was having thankyou sandi for your messages. My apex just wasnt built enough, after building a little more and by removing the little ears of my tips ive got a much better fit and all round longer lasting nails :)

I have thought about going and taking the day course working with there product.

Sorry, the way this is worded...just not sure I understood. Have you trained at all in Brisa application?

Learning how to use a product from the supplier is a key part in ensuring you get application and finish right each time.

i am qulified to use silk , acrylic, gels but have not trained in any particular system. I did a client last night she was happy but i was not. She had really large nail beds and they extensions i used just did not look right. The fileing seems to be an issue for me to create the perfect look. Applying the white drives me mad so have opted to use a white tip for now.And building the apex. so basically everything. I no practise makes perfect, but i feel like i need a complete refresher. But am all so concerned with the talks on here of the company going bust which has made me think again as well.:cry:
sorry about my spelling i am dyslexic

your spelling is fine, so dont worry at all about that.

i was under the impression that you couldnt buy brisa unless you had done the brisa conversion class.

Firstly, It really does not make any sense NOT to take a class with the systeem you want to use... so do it as soon as possible.

Secondly, Creative Nail Design is strong and well and has not gone bust! Neither has the Hyperion group at this moment.

Thirdly to put your mind at rest, Brisa gels are as strong as ANY liquid and powder because it is the only gel system that IS liquid and powder technology but in a gel form ... so no worries there.

i am qulified to use silk , acrylic, gels but have not trained in any particular system.
You can't buy Brisa from the appointed Creative distributors in the UK without doing either a foundation course or a conversion course.
I would highly recommend that you take a course in using Brisa before deciding whether you like it or not.
There's no way that you can get the most out of a product range without having the specific training for it.

I did a client last night she was happy but i was not. She had really large nail beds and they extensions i used just did not look right. The fileing seems to be an issue for me to create the perfect look. Applying the white drives me mad so have opted to use a white tip for now.And building the apex. so basically everything.
If you prefect the shape before curing you won't need to do hardly any filing at all to create the perfect look.
You shouldn't really use white tips with gel because the UV light can't cure the gel properly.

sorry about my spelling i am dyslexic
Your spelling is fine, no worries :hug:

Hope the above info helps a bit, you really do need to get yourself on a Brisa course because once you know how to apply it properly I feel poisitive that you'll love working with it and you'll also love the finished enhancements.

you have completly lost me now girls. Are these two companies the same , i now sparkles at worksop sell brisa if any one is in need of stock. I certainly will do the training course i think, they recommended a one to one but i think i need to do the full week to feel confident. There is anouther one on the market i forget what it is called and they seem to be on a par with creative.
I just want to be able to sell a goob product, and to be proud of the finished results. I filed the nails before appling the gel but got in all of a fluster they looked like little hats.:cry:

i will give creative a call and have a word, if i can get through see if they can put light on what ellisons are saying

Creative has FAB products and I will highly recommend them to anyone. Their training is really good as well.

Hyperion are the distributors for Creative in the UK. Hope that clears it up for you.

Marlise

you have completly lost me now girls. Are these two companies the same , i now sparkles at worksop sell brisa if any one is in need of stock. I certainly will do the training course i think, they recommended a one to one but i think i need to do the full week to feel confident. There is anouther one on the market i forget what it is called and they seem to be on a par with creative.
I just want to be able to sell a goob product, and to be proud of the finished results. I filed the nails before appling the gel but got in all of a fluster they looked like little hats.:cry:

creative are the company that makes the products, hyperion are the official u.k distributor of them.

The Hyperion Group are the sole distributors for Creative products in the UK, they allow Ellisons and the OSNS (one stop nail shops) to sell Creative products, anyone else selling professional lines like Retention+, Brisa, Moxie etc are doing so illegally and without permission from CND USA.

hth's a bit

ah, now i undersatand, so it is not creative them selves. Sorry forgive me for being some what dim. So in that case surely it is only a matter of time for it to be sorted out. Can people not go direct to creative and order through them or will it have to come through the same company:rolleyes:

I undersatand what you are saying, and it is right that if this is not the case wiith this company then things should not be said, but at the same time it is a major concern to all people who use these products and makes us wonder what will happen in regards to buying the products for our businesses. Obviously you work for the company so puts you in a very awkward position. I am sure it will be rectified soon.:hug:
Also i am new here, but veryone is fantastic, may be we ought to just wait and see what happens and in the mean time just help each other out with products untill it is sorted.

what does the weeks course consist of, is it very in depth and will it help me with all my problems, i really want to be a great nail tech and no if i continue working with the system with out some real help i am gonna make a mockery to my name

what does the weeks course consist of, is it very in depth and will it help me with all my problems, i really want to be a great nail tech and no if i continue working with the system with out some real help i am gonna make a mockery to my name
Hi , could you not just do the one day brisa course? I did it it was really good , then you could see how to use Brisa might iron out your problems:hug:

Hi hun
firstly, you need to talk to a creative educator (there are loads of them on here, all happy to answer a private message) and tell them what you have already learned and where, this will tell them what sort of standard you should have reached and what your problems are. Then You and the educator can see if you will benefit most from a 121 day or a 5 day course. But I will warn you now, we are all perfectionists on here and we all feel, that we need to improve / get more education and learn something new:lol: The important thing is to stick with one system until you know it thoroughly, switching from product to product will not help you, its how you work that makes the biggest difference to how a finished nail looks and thats the reason why we all love creative, its a brilliant product but more importantly its backed up by some excellent training.

Latest posts

Back