Ok, no product wars. But taking a survey???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kitkat68

Reaction score
Please tell me the acrylic product that you use and why you like it. If you like I would also love to hear your opinions of what you used to use and why you switched. I am very interested in people's opinions here and I am not out to offend anyone. This is simply a questions of helping me to save time and money finding the perfect product for me to use. Thanks all! :green:

hi
i use ezflow and think its a really good product, i used to use star nails but found ezflow the better product.
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Please tell me the acrylic product that you use and why you like it. If you like I would also love to hear your opinions of what you used to use and why you switched. I am very interested in people's opinions here and I am not out to offend anyone. This is simply a questions of helping me to save time and money finding the perfect product for me to use. Thanks all! :green:

At the moment I use EzFlow.
I like it because it is a good product and I've had no problems with it....
Why do you ask?

Different technicians like/love different brands of L+P for different reasons... your best bet would be to go to a trade show where you can have demo nails done on yourself by various companies and have a 'go' with the products while you're there.

i used to use cnd... its a good quality product (i didnt have any major probs) but i abt 6 yrs ago i found ezflow.......just the range of coloured and glitter powders were a big draw for me... i then tried the p&w too and i really liked the workability and the results i got... plain and simple... it worked for me :)

i havent looked back ........... worked my way up to an ezflow master artist, educator and 3 yrs ago i became an ezflow master artist educator... okay im totally product bias... but its a product i love to use and i truly believe id never have achieved what i have if i hadnt found it and the fab education i have recieved :)

hth

Jess
xox

Last edited:
Thing is....what i have found from reading on this site, is that sometimes people change brands thinking its the product, when in fact its either there training, technique or just not enough experience.

I have read many threads from newly trained techs saying how they are having problems and want a "better" product....when in fact its simply cos they are newly trained and thats why they are having problems...

I agree with Sandi....trade shows and demo nails are far better than lists of who uses what and why.

The reason I ask is because I am currently using Tammy Taylor's powder with EZflow's liquid and I find that my nails never, ever break. However, the only way to get Tammy Taylor's powder is through the mail and I would like to switch to a brand that I can buy locally to save on time and shipping, but I don't want to start using a brand that breaks easily because I want to retain clients. Once you find something you like, it is risky trying something new expecially since I am trying to build my clientele.

The reason I ask is because I am currently using Tammy Taylor's powder with EZflow's liquid and I find that my nails never, ever break. However, the only way to get Tammy Taylor's powder is through the mail and I would like to switch to a brand that I can buy locally to save on time and shipping, but I don't want to start using a brand that breaks easily because I want to retain clients. Once you find something you like, it is risky trying something new expecially since I am trying to build my clientele.

can i ask why you dont use ezflow monomer with ezflow powder or tammy taylor powders with tammy taylor monomer??

But could the breaking issue be down to application/technique and not due to the products...??

Of course it could be my application anything is possible. The reason I started mixing the products to begin with was because when I was going to a salon to get my nails done I would always ask what they were using because I never had any problems with my nails so I just started using the same thing. I know a nail tech that uses a cheap product and even though she has been doing nails for over 10 years her nails break all the time and I really believe that it is due to the product, not her application. But I could be wrong!

Of course it could be my application anything is possible. The reason I started mixing the products to begin with was because when I was going to a salon to get my nails done I would always ask what they were using because I never had any problems with my nails so I just started using the same thing. I know a nail tech that uses a cheap product and even though she has been doing nails for over 10 years her nails break all the time and I really believe that it is due to the product, not her application. But I could be wrong!

Can I ask,were you not taught,not to mix products??This was a definate no,no when I did my training and I personally would prefer to use one system that compliments each other and that is designed to work together rather than take chances.:green:

I did my foundation course with CND last summer and, although I've found the whole thing a real struggle in the beginning, I know that's down to my being new to nails and not the actual product. I can't compare creative with any other brand, because I haven't tried any. I wouldn't want to change and incur all the expense it would entail unless I was unhappy with what I was using. I'm not and so I won't! :)

I have seen ezflow's range of colours, though, and been impressed. I am doing a fibreglass course with them soon as, when I enquired at CND, I was told no training was available at the moment.

If I was unhappy with what I was using, I'd take the above advice and go to a trade show to sample whatever I fancied. I certainly wouldn't do endless expensive conversions in the hope that I'd find some sort of utopian product range. It's hard enough getting to grips with one, never mind faffing about with loads of stuff that's just going to gather dust and be a waste of time and money. :irked: Just my humble opinion, based on what I've gleaned so far. :)

The products I've used and like are INM, and 'Absolute' by OPI. My favorite is the OPI. Their product is really nice to work with... nice colours, very easy to file, and very versatile as is made to be worked anywhere from a 1:1 to a 2:1 (liquid to powder) ratio...also the white doesn't marbleize.
T.

I use NSI only because I used it at college. I did a conversion course at CND and found it was very good too. I would like to try OPI but I need to use all my other stuff first. Could do with a clear out!!

i use nsi aswell and dont have no probs with it....if i wanted to change i would do what sandi says or ask everyone for samples try and see which one you like xx

OPI OPI all the way i love my OPI Maybe its the name sounds misterious But the name is actually an old dental company the owner bought his uncles company. little know fact!!! lol

different techs will like different brands

most companies will send you samples or you can purchase tester kits for a low price

try different brands and you will soon pick a brand that suits your needs

I am using creative l&p and I am happy with it. But i just ordered a trial kit of the ezflow powders to see how i get on with them. Even though I am happy with cnd I like to try out other brands aswell.
I will let you know how i get on with it :green:

Latest posts

Back