Ok whats the proper way to fix a chip

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cups1974

Reaction score
I have a client that is coming in later this evening from what she explained she has a chip in her l&p. I'm not sure how it happened she says she was moving stuff around i'm sure i'll hear all about it. She is one of my clients that like her nails very very thin. as i explain to her at her fill 9 days ago i thought they might be to thin and if they begin to crack or break to please come in and i would add a layer. From what she explained the corner of her nail broke off they are sculpures so what is the correct way to fix? I would think i would put a form on her nail file the chiped corner and re form the corner is that correct? Thanks

I would think i would put a form on her nail file the chiped corner and re form the corner is that correct? Thanks

That's absolutely right! I would go over the enhancement with a 180 then fit a form and sculpt the corner back in. When you finish the nail you wont see the join!

hth's

When she asked me how i would fix it i explained that then she told me the NSS place she use to go to would take off the whole nail and redo it. Am i crazy.

When she asked me how i would fix it i explained that then she told me the NSS place she use to go to would take off the whole nail and redo it. Am i crazy.

Nope not crazy at all! Tell her you respect her nails too much to remove when there's no need - why make more work for yourself?

i would say nss are the crazy ones....why take the whole nail off if you can fix it :rolleyes:...if the nail had infection underneath then take the nail off...but not just for a chip...double :rolleyes::rolleyes:xx

Nss don't sculpt, they use a white tip and clear acrylic or natural tip, clear acrylic and then air brush a forever french look.
So if a corner goes they have to take the whole thing down and start again.
Much better to have the proper training that allows you to do it right:lol:
Now where's that ' we feel smug' smiley

Thank you geeks so i did my client last night and explained it to her she was some what confused at first but as i went on the explain that ripping off the nail would do damage to her nail she was shocked. I fixed her nail she thanked me and made an appointment for fill in 2 weeks. I feel good!! kinda giddy in a way.

Latest posts

Back