Olaplex 3 available at Tesco!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Olaplex the company will be making a shed load of cash on ALL SALES of Olaplex. It doesn't matter who the end consumer is, whether a salon owner or Tesco customer, it still sales at the end of the day.

Fact is, it's more likely to be a salon owner buying huge amounts of Olaplex supposedly legitimately and then selling it on via Amazon, eBay, Tesco etc. :rolleyes:
Yes probably, it would never occur to me to sell my stock that way but I guess lots do!

Apparently it's not actually Tesco selling it. Tesco direct works a bit like a marketplace, like eBay etc. So like on eBay and Amazon it's people who are buying it through the authentic channels, then reselling it. I suppose at the end of the day it's not the no1 and 2 and they will always be salon exclusive. It is going to be hard to control distribution of any product operating in a global marketplace, and at least it's still more exclusive than every other product we use in the salon, all of which are easily obtainable online, think about it, but we still use them. What other choice do we have? But like everything clients will never be able to do at home what we do with it in the salon.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1447360137.152238.jpg

Still, olaplex works the same as it always did, and there is nothing on the market that does what it does. I won't stop using it even if they put it in every Wal-Mart .

:D:D:D........
I did my own 'with OLA & without' today.......
40 vol, L'oreal, Studio blonde,....x 3 applications........Base 5 to a 9 1/2
End result.....similar in level & tone...BUT...OMG....'FEELING IS BELIEVING'........
Without....., felt like......cardboard....:oops:
With......, felt like.......HAIR, GOOD HAIR!!! :)
Think us professionals will just have to get over it!!!! :p
Nothing is EXCLUSIVE anymore.

Maybe a good time to try one of those salon exclusive, substantially cheaper 'knock off' brands?

Maybe a good time to try one of those salon exclusive, substantially cheaper 'knock off' brands?
Eww, no thanks we already offer plenty of conditioning treatments. [emoji23][emoji23]

No you're right, continue paying through the nose for the name [emoji106]

No kidding. I can say just about any name to a mass of bleach and for some reason, it just doesn't respond. I actually have to rely on the chemistry of the product.

Anyone can get hold of anything these days. End of the day they cant do their own colour professionally with it in so it has its place for us professionals.. Appreciate for salons retailing No 3 bit of a problem when its £27.00 on Amazon and £37 on Tesco. Just be aware of that fact and use/sell accordingly.

Attachments

• Amazon.jpg
    Amazon.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 46
Last edited by a moderator:
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1447492112.819726.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1447492129.634936.jpg

Salon exclusive? At least Olaplex are doing all they can to get their products removed from these places. Are all the knock offs? Probably not because they are desperate for sales, well if the only reason your product exists is to make a quick a buck off the back of an amazing product like Olaplex, how can you expect the company pumping these products too really care who is buying them and where?
If you think we are buying it for the name I can only assume that you work for magibond or similar, or have no understanding of the chemistry behind these different products.

View attachment 192054View attachment 192055
Salon exclusive? At least Olaplex are doing all they can to get their products removed from these places. Are all the knock offs? Probably not because they are desperate for sales, well if the only reason your product exists is to make a quick a buck off the back of an amazing product like Olaplex, how can you expect the company pumping these products too really care who is buying them and where?
If you think we are buying it for the name I can only assume that you work for magibond or similar, or have no understanding of the chemistry behind these different products.
First: Salon Exclusive is an idea, not an actual thing someone can 100% claim. Any brand could be found online, and any brand can be diverted and sold in to other markets. Most company's are "Salon Exclusive". It's rarely their fault product is getting diverted. And yes, most companies are actively trying to stop diversion, since they'll lose their customers over time if people think they don't care. Like someone said on here already...they've already made their money, diverted or not. So they're not stopping it to get $$, they're stopping it to maintain loyalty. I'm sure some corporate dirtiness happens out there, but I doubt it's just the norm. Secondly: just because someone has a different opinion on products, although his and this particular opinion isn't really logical, doesn't mean he or she or they all work for some company. People feel spite from companies all the time for various reasons, diversion being one of them (even though every company gets diverted, like you've shown with the others!). I doubt another company would come on here and call their own product a knock-off to try and get people to use it. That makes no sense. They would go about it another way.

Or maybe I was just feeling mischievous, and decided to whip up the Olaplex cheerleading squad [emoji38]

Or maybe I was just feeling mischievous, and decided to whip up the Olaplex cheerleading squad [emoji38]
Ummm...You have fun with that. I don't feel good about it out of sheer entertainment. So I happily now bow out o_O:rolleyes:

I'm not going to partake in "cheerleading" wasn't a fan of that in high school and I'm not now. I'm also not a fan of starting arguments online for fun. Nothing is like Olaplex and won't be for a very long time due to our parents. This problem with Tesco is something we are working on, this is not our companies distribution and we are just as upset as you are. Trust me, from also being a stylist and the fact that I speak to stylists daily about this problem, I'm not psyched at all. Unfortunately there are many dishonest people only trying to make a buck from reselling an unauthorized distributor, we call them salon unprofessionals.

I'm not going to partake in "cheerleading" wasn't a fan of that in high school and I'm not now. I'm also not a fan of starting arguments online for fun. Nothing is like Olaplex and won't be for a very long time due to our parents. This problem with Tesco is something we are working on, this is not our companies distribution and we are just as upset as you are. Trust me, from also being a stylist and the fact that I speak to stylists daily about this problem, I'm not psyched at all. Unfortunately there are many dishonest people only trying to make a buck from reselling an unauthorized distributor, we call them salon unprofessionals.
Thanks Ab, I can only assume that Mr P B is one of those salon unprofessionals as why else would you conduct yourself in this manner trying to aggravate fellow stylists and lying to your clients by saying that products like magibond are the same as Olaplex shows a complete lack of professional integrity and respect for our industry while the rest of us work hard to build each other up and to build our industry up. It means so much to me and all of us to have Olaplex representatives on our side and working so hard to keep the product professional only. Thank you all for always replying to our messages and maintaining a professional image at all times whether online or at hairshows, I know the reps of other companies have certainly not always paid you back the same respect. But as a stylist this puts you in even higher regard in my book, I will never use anything else and I've even given up using other products created by companies that have olaplex knockoffs because as far as I'm concerned these companies respect the dollar more than they respect the stylist and consumer and that is not acceptable any more. Thanks again, and if your looking for any UK based reps keep me in mind, I can't praise the product enough

Every tescos or just an isolated branch?!?

They sell 1&2 15ml in pauls hair world now

Just out of interest - how does this product perform against Niophlex? Thanks

Latest posts

Back