Olaplex number 3 question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmwoo1emma

Reaction score
Right i have never used this stuff i am looking into it but wondering could i go and just use the number 3 on my hair without ever using 1 or 2 or will it only work if ive used the others on my hair ??

I don't think it will be as effective without using 1& 2 first as they are more concentrated so do most of the repair work. The number 3 is meant to maintain it & protect the newly fixed bonds from breaking again.

All 3 parts of the Olaplex system have the same active ingredient in them. You can still get results from using No 3, but the best results will come from an in salon Olaplex Stand Alone treatment. I do like to have my clients help me prep their hair before their chemical service by using No 3 at home. 2-3 times a week is great for damaged hair. On clean towel dried hair apply a generous amount of No 3. Let process for 30 minutes and then shampoo and condition. :)

How many do you charge for an in salon treatment? Was thinking £15 for short £20 for long? X

Hi! Olaplex no.1 is 80% bis-aminopropyl-digylcol-diamalate*or however it is spelt haha, I just typed this from memory though and no. 2 is 15%, and no. 3 is 12.5% (i think this is the correct figures! if not, they're very close to these as I remember checking before) and because Olaplex isn't silicone or buildup of any sort it isn't an issue if you haven;t used no.1 and no.2 because it works on ALL hair and all of our hair has bonds, so it's purpose wouldn't be disposed of if no.1 and 2 weren't used! No.3 is basically no.2 just less concentrated so if you have access I'd buy yourself just no. 2 if you're not wanting to get the entire treatment done, but at the same time you might aswell just use no.1 and 2,

Sorry if I expand too much, basically though no.3 works without no.2 and no.1 it just isn't as VISIBLE in the sense of repair because it's only 12.5% of the active ingredient, so if you're looking for a short term visible repair use no.1 and 2 then maintain with no. 3 :) *or maintain with no. 2 because it's stronger if you can buy Olaplex professionally

Last edited:
Right i have never used this stuff i am looking into it but wondering could i go and just use the number 3 on my hair without ever using 1 or 2 or will it only work if ive used the others on my hair ??

If you buy the Stylist travel size/starter pack, you get 1x 100ml bottle of No1 and 2x 100ml bottles of No.2.

I usually dilute some No 2 into a cutting lotion/leave in conditioner to spray on my hair at home and it's great as a regular fix.

If you buy the Stylist travel size/starter pack, you get 1x 100ml bottle of No1 and 2x 100ml bottles of No.2.

I usually dilute some No 2 into a cutting lotion/leave in conditioner to spray on my hair at home and it's great as a regular fix.
That's a good idea as a leave in conditioner, also try this out: when u use number 3 (or 2) after you've rinsed it apply a bit of it again to the ends of your hair *not too much don't make it sticky!!!* then blow-dry it into your hair, it's absolutely amazing, ends feel like absolutely pure SILK

Latest posts

Back