SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maria1234

Reaction score
Hey guys!
So my hair is really badly snapped and dry/ damaged from over bleaching so I am taking a break from colouring my hair and I use olaplex no3 every other day on my hair & then condition with a hair mask.
But I didn’t know which would be best using the olaplex no3 like I have been or using the stand alone treatment no1 & no2?
If anyone knows abit more about olaplex I would really appreciate the help!
Thanks so much xx

Hey guys!
So my hair is really badly snapped and dry/ damaged from over bleaching so I am taking a break from colouring my hair and I use olaplex no3 every other day on my hair & then condition with a hair mask.
But I didn’t know which would be best using the olaplex no3 like I have been or using the stand alone treatment no1 & no2?
If anyone knows abit more about olaplex I would really appreciate the help!
Thanks so much xx
Olaplex 1+2 should be used as a stand alone treatment I usually recommend every 6 Weeks give or take. and then use number 3 once a week to maintain and protect the bonds . If you heat style I'd strongly suggest you look in to buying 6+7.
Out of curiosity what shampoo and conditioner are you using?

Brilliant thank you!!
And I use Redken anti snap protein shampoo
And some times Waterman’s shampoo and conditioner which is a growth shampoo for hair
Thank you :)

Brilliant thank you!!
And I use Redken anti snap protein shampoo
And some times Waterman’s shampoo and conditioner which is a growth shampoo for hair
Thank you :)
Be careful with anti snap! It's protein based, so if you're not careful it can exacerbate the problem. It's important to have the right balance of protein and moisture.

Would you recommend not using the anti snap one and just using my Waterman’s?
And my moisture treatment?
Thank you!

If you use anti snap shampoo, use the moisture treatment once a week and use the Waterman’s as your regular shampoo and conditioner. The Waterman’s already caters for dry, slightly damaged hair anyway and with he help of anti snap and moisture treatments once a week and Olaplex your hair will be in tip top condition in time.

Ahh okay that’s amazing helped so much!
Thank you!!

Okay so panicking now!
Used my Waterman’s shampoo and conditioner today and I have noticed loads of my hair snapping off way more than usual !!

Okay so panicking now!
Used my Waterman’s shampoo and conditioner today and I have noticed loads of my hair snapping off way more than usual !!
Have you done anything different? 1wash in a different shampoo won't make your hair snap? How badly damaged is your hair?

I haven’t washed my hair for a few days (because I wanted to keep my natural oils in my hair to help the moisture )
And no I haven’t I just used Waterman’s for the second time this week and as I ran my fingers through my hair loads of hair was coming out and like snapped bits?
I think there might be protein in the Waterman’s conditioner so I’m thinking now to just use Kirkland’s moisture shampoo and conditioner and not put any products on my hair or anything? I can’t risk losing anymore hair
Did a porosity test and my hair is low porosity
My hair is very snapped around the crown and the my sides are almost gone and my hair takes for ever to dry when wet but when it’s finally dry it just feels very dry but doesn’t snap as much xx
Xx

I haven’t washed my hair for a few days (because I wanted to keep my natural oils in my hair to help the moisture )
And no I haven’t I just used Waterman’s for the second time this week and as I ran my fingers through my hair loads of hair was coming out and like snapped bits?
I think there might be protein in the Waterman’s conditioner so I’m thinking now to just use Kirkland’s moisture shampoo and conditioner and not put any products on my hair or anything? I can’t risk losing anymore hair
Did a porosity test and my hair is low porosity
My hair is very snapped around the crown and the my sides are almost gone and my hair takes for ever to dry when wet but when it’s finally dry it just feels very dry but doesn’t snap as much xx
Xx
Definitely sounds like you need a moisture hit, it's lacking elasticity. If you hadn't washed it for a few days do you think some of the hair that come out could just be natural hair fall a d it's just more noticeable because its an accumulation of a few days worth of hair?

I don’t think so as I still brush my hair a lot and it was fine, I do think maybe I’ve used too much protein maybe I should take a break from olaplex no3 too as that is protein isn’t it?
And yes would you recommend a good moisture hair mask to use once a week aswell a the Kirkland moisture shampoo and conditioner please?
Thank you so much for helping, I’m so worried about my hair!!

I don’t think so as I still brush my hair a lot and it was fine, I do think maybe I’ve used too much protein maybe I should take a break from olaplex no3 too as that is protein isn’t it?
And yes would you recommend a good moisture hair mask to use once a week aswell a the Kirkland moisture shampoo and conditioner please?
Thank you so much for helping, I’m so worried about my hair!!
No Olaplex isn't protein based. Olaplex won't make your hair snap. I absolutely love the morphosis sublimis oil collection. Also take a look at schwarzkopf professional bonacure moisture kick treatment. I would also suggest you take a look at Philip Kingsley Elastisizer!! It puts moisture and elasticity back in the hair! It's amazing stuff.

Okay that’s great thanks so much!!
I will look into these products hopefully my hair will stop snapping

Okay that’s great thanks so much!!
I will look into these products hopefully my hair will stop snapping
Obviously you don't need all of them! Just on eof them lol

Which do you think would be the best one to get to start off with? Thanks!
Also I’m trying to grow my natural out but the colour of my hair at the moment is pretty awful if I used colour touch with 3% just on the ends to blend into my natural root do you think that would damage my hair too much ? Or should I just leave it and not put any dye on my hair?
Thanks for your help!

Also I’m trying to grow my natural out but the colour of my hair at the moment is pretty awful if I used colour touch with 3% just on the ends to blend into my natural root do you think that would damage my hair too much ? Or should I just leave it and not put any dye on my hair?
Thanks for your help!
I personally wouldn't risk colouring on it, if it snaps from just washing it.

Colour fresh wouod be the only thing I'd consider

Okay yeah I thought the same, yeah I will just leave it thank you :)

Thanks for your help!
My favourite is Philip Kingsley Elasticizer , but it is the most expensive of the 3 and it is more hastle to use. Has to be applied to damp hair (not shampooed) leave for at least 20mins, then shampoo and condition.

Latest posts

Back