Olaplex pricing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snmlondonhair

Reaction score
Sorry another bloody Olaplex post lol [emoji30]

Okay so, we've just started using Olaplex in salon this week and still trying to work out an acceptable price to charge!

In tried to break down the cost per client for using Olaplex and Iv worked it at around £4/£4.50 per client. Is that correct? We were thinking of charging £10-£15 upgrading a tint. £15-£20 upgrading bleach/Balayage. And £20-£25 for a stand alone treatment. Depending on hair length/damage.

We're based in Essex.. Does that sound about right? :/

We charge £30 as a flat rate you an have it in colour as a treatment whatever and £20 for over 60's

We charge £30 as a flat rate you an have it in colour as a treatment whatever and £20 for over 60's

How have you found the take up?....
I've had it for the last couple of months and LOVE IT....BUT, if I'm honest, have trouble getting the client to pay extra for the service.

As an introduction, I've added it as a complimentary treat.....then, next time round, they go .......
'.. . . Er how much?.......££, Oh right...., I'll think I'll skip it this time, and we'll see how we go....It was alway's O.K. before when you did it......blah blah blah.......o_Oo_Oo_O:mad::mad::mad:

I've been adding an extra £15 on to any service for it. But I'm in a little village and I feel people here wouldn't be willing to pay more than that.

Sorry another bloody Olaplex post lol [emoji30]

Okay so, we've just started using Olaplex in salon this week and still trying to work out an acceptable price to charge!

In tried to break down the cost per client for using Olaplex and Iv worked it at around £4/£4.50 per client. Is that correct? We were thinking of charging £10-£15 upgrading a tint. £15-£20 upgrading bleach/Balayage. And £20-£25 for a stand alone treatment. Depending on hair length/damage.

We're based in Essex.. Does that sound about right? :/
Hi I just got the kit this week from salon & am thinking along same lines as you. Some salons seem to be charging a lot more but my clients won't pay those prices. Do you know what the rrp is for number 3, I got it at salon international on Monday but can't find any rrp I'm gonna try it on mine today as a stand alone treatment to test it out!

Hi I just got the kit this week from salon & am thinking along same lines as you. Some salons seem to be charging a lot more but my clients won't pay those prices. Do you know what the rrp is for number 3, I got it at salon international on Monday but can't find any rrp I'm gonna try it on mine today as a stand alone treatment to test it out!

RRP is £32 for no.3 :)
Yeah my clients seen pretty happy with the prices above, think I'll test those prices out for a while and see how it goes. I LOVE it though :D

Thank you! Where abouts is your salon?

We are in Bristol, also we have had people that don't want to pay for it that's fine but we advise the clients we feel would benefit from it and mostly those that want to make the most of their hair will have it

I'm in South Wales, a tiny quiet village too some people will pay it some won't, I charge £20 flat rate to everyone

Great! I had 2 ladies that added to their service today -1 compromised her blowdry after and 1 added it no questions asked :)

It made such a difference to their hair -they were both already bleached and wanted to go lighter. LOVE it [emoji7]

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1445023416.440454.jpg

Used it on mine as a stand alone treatment this afternoon, my hair is very fine and straight, not overly processed just coloured with demi & a few lighter pieces but is dry due to colour & regular heat styling. I have to say my hair hasn't had a shine on it like this for a v.long time, my fringe especially where it is just Demi colour is like glass, and no need for irons to smooth out as normally although it's straight, it needs the irons to give it a glossy look. not sure how long the effects will last as I only bought 1 bottle of no 3 so want to keep that for retail but am really impressed. Couldn't fit the lid dispenser, need to look at the instructions on the website, it's a bit fiddly! Need to get some no 3 for home use as my hair looks better than it has for ages! I like the fact it can be used as a stand alone treatment as well as in colour. Hoping to upsell to a colour client booked in tomorrow but it's already quite a pricey service as its colour with h/l, toner & cut so not sure if she will spend an extra £20 on the treatment but can only try!

Hey, great to hear your loving olaplex. I love the product and believe in it 100%,
We price olaplex between £15/£30 . I'm all over this product and believe everyone should have it, it's going to give an amazing result 100% of the time, so the way I've factored this in to pricing is to just add it on to all of your colour services, so now any of my clients that have technical have to have olaplex no questions asked and no awkward conversation about prices and up selling, this way the client is getting the benefit and not feeling they are at a sales pitch instead of in the chair. It's only myself doing this at the moment but I've had about 3 people say it's gone up, and the million others have turned around and just basked in the glory of their new olaplexed mane. Up selling is always hard, all I can say is to get to know the product really well and have confidence in the product and this will shine through with the customers, and as for introductory one offs I'd ditch them because that little bottle ain't cheap ha! Hope you have a good weekend everyone xx

We price ours at £15 to add on too the colour service, and £35 for the stand alone unless we are doing it before a keratin treatment in which case we just do the £15. It's working quite well for us in north wales.

Well we managed to do 3 upsells yesterday, it wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be either! two for colour services and one for a blowdry, great results, clients all noticed a difference so hopefully they will all want it again next time too!

Brilliant well done!! :D

I'm not a hair geek but I get my hair highlighter and my salon offers this as an add on. Is it worth me doing it? They've never advertised it or tried to upswell but I've seen it on the price lists and its discussed a lot on here. Thanks!

I'm not a hair geek but I get my hair highlighter and my salon offers this as an add on. Is it worth me doing it? They've never advertised it or tried to upswell but I've seen it on the price lists and its discussed a lot on here. Thanks!
Def. worth the upgrade, after one treatment my hair felt lovely & I need to buy some no 3 for myself so I can maintain it!

Latest posts

Back