Olaplex users a few questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucy shaw

Reaction score
Hi there ☺ , I have a couple of questions I need answering , I've used olaplex once on my own hair doing a full head of foils and loved the result , and I will also be using it as a treatment soon to , am I right in saying I can't use olaplex in your colour when doing a scalp full head bleach? And also when using it with a high lift tint do you not bump up the peroxide with that ? And is it normal processing time or do u allow longer like when using a bleach ? Also when using as a treatment after leaving the number two on the right amount of time do you then just rinse and shampoo and condition as normal? Sorry for so many questions lucy x

You can use olaplex in your scalp bleach.

You can use olaplex in highlift but no don't bump the developer but you wouldn't really need to because you're always using 12% with highlift.

I feel like bleach is a visual processing and not a set time, watch the hair, check elasticity. Wait for it to be the lightness you want.

You can use olaplex in your scalp bleach.

You can use olaplex in highlift but no don't bump the developer but you wouldn't really need to because you're always using 12% with highlift.

I feel like bleach is a visual processing and not a set time, watch the hair, check elasticity. Wait for it to be the lightness you want.

Thank u cams97 for your reply , ok that's great so if I do I gull head bleach with olaplex would I bump my peroxide up to 12% if I usually use 9% then? Also with some high lifts I do use 9% x

Thank u cams97 for your reply , ok that's great so if I do I gull head bleach with olaplex would I bump my peroxide up to 12% if I usually use 9% then? Also with some high lifts I do use 9% x

Well you shouldn't use 9% on scalp so no. Cut your measurements in half and stick with 6% i.e use 1/16oz instead of 1/8oz olaplex.

Or for lighter bases use 6% and allow it to be taken down to 3%.

Last edited:
Well you shouldn't use 9% on scalp so no. Cut your measurements in half and stick with 6% i.e use 1/8oz instead of 1/16oz olaplex.

Or for lighter bases use 6% and allow it to be taken down to 3%.

I know using 9% on a scalp bleach isn't great but for this client it does work well without much damage , I don't think it would work as well with 6% so I think I would be better off using it as a treatment , thank u for your time ☺

I know using 9% on a scalp bleach isn't great but for this client it does work well without much damage , I don't think it would work as well with 6% so I think I would be better off using it as a treatment , thank u for your time [emoji5]

No just cut the measurement in half like I previously said.

No just cut the measurement in half like I previously said.
Sorry cams don't mean to be annoying but I don't understand what you mean am I being thick lol x

So rather than using 7.5ml of olaplex use 3.75ml

Instead of using 3.75ml use 1.87ml

Yeah what grace has said so instead of mixing 1/8oz in with your bleach mix 1/16oz in, this will stop it from taking the developer down a level so you can use 9% and it'll stay as 9%.

Yeah what grace has said so instead of mixing 1/8oz in with your bleach mix 1/16oz in, this will stop it from taking the developer down a level so you can use 9% and it'll stay as 9%.

Oh right sorry I understand now , like I said I'm new to olaplex I will try that thanks again x

After doing a stand alone olaplex treatment rinse number 2 out then shampoo and condition X

You should download the Olaplex App, all formulas are under FAQ. It's a great tool to have at fingertips. Also you can go to Olaplex.com they have great videos.

You should download the Olaplex App, all formulas are under FAQ. It's a great tool to have at fingertips. Also you can go to Olaplex.com they have great videos.

Thank u Robin b I have just downloaded the app

Thank u Robin b I have just downloaded the app

Does anybody know the shelf life on the bottle once it's been opened ? I can't seem to find the info , would like to know before buying the package which is quite large and I'm a mobile hairdresser

As long as you have the lids on tight you will have no problem with shelf life. :)

Does anyone have or know if there is a simple chart for formulas? I want a simple chart to sick on cupboard door. I'm always having to get app out and check measurements scrolling through the FAQ ?

I don't think there is a simple chart. You can go to Olaplex.com and print off each one, then condense and make your own chart. That would probably be the easiest.

I got a chart with my order from star qualities

I got a chart with my order from star qualities

Also can anyone give me any price ideas and what you charge , I know it can variey, but if your adding it into your bleach if u mix 1/4 or less , what are you charging on top ? And for a stand alone treatment ? I'm mobile so I'm trying gauge prices to charge without being over the top , thanks x

Latest posts

Back