Olaplex vs competitors: reasons why

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't really matter though because all the genuine tests that are done show that olaplex works, and all the other do f all.

I've got a schwarpskopf rep coming to the salon soon :rolleyes: can't wait to thrash out the olaplex / fibreplex situation lol

They both have different benefits, Olaplex and colorpHlex. It's obvious of Olaplex's benefits because of its viral presence and everyone seems to be their own "self educator" for Olaplex even though few could actually explain what it really does to the hair...only "that it works", however, colorphlex has its own, albiet different but successful benefits as well. The comparisons are worthless, since they perform differently, contain entirely different ingredients and don't process in the same manor. So instead of arguing with the Olaplex and colorpHlex VP's because it's useless, just take their products seperate benefits for what they are and stop comparing the two products. They're just defending their own companies claims.

They both have different benefits, Olaplex and colorpHlex. It's obvious of Olaplex's benefits because of its viral presence and everyone seems to be their own "self educator" for Olaplex even though few could actually explain what it really does to the hair...only "that it works", however, colorphlex has its own, albiet different but successful benefits as well. The comparisons are worthless, since they perform differently, contain entirely different ingredients and don't process in the same manor. So instead of arguing with the Olaplex and colorpHlex VP's because it's useless, just take their products seperate benefits for what they are and stop comparing the two products. They're just defending their own companies claims.
I'm still looking forward to hearing how it's the same :rolleyes: I know what your saying but you've gotta love a little banter with a rep...

For the record too: goldwell are not endorsing using olaplex with any of their products, I spoke to a rep yesterday

I'm still looking forward to hearing how it's the same :rolleyes: I know what your saying but you've gotta love a little banter with a rep...

For the record too: goldwell are not endorsing using olaplex with any of their products, I spoke to a rep yesterday

I don't think it's business smart for any color line to endorse Olaplex. Minus that Olaplex serves it's purpose, if manufacturers endorse Olaplex it will degrade their products that worked fine on their own before Olaplaex's development. Also, if Olaplex decides to develop their own color line and/or bleaches down the road and other manufacturers have endorsed Olaplex so highly, they will probably lose soooo many sales. I would imagine that other lines will get on that non-endorsement bandwagon.

I don't think it's business smart for any color line to endorse Olaplex. Minus that Olaplex serves it's purpose, if manufacturers endorse Olaplex it will degrade their products that worked fine on their own before Olaplaex's development. Also, if Olaplex decides to develop their own color line and/or bleaches down the road and other manufacturers have endorsed Olaplex so highly, they will probably lose soooo many sales. I would imagine that other lines will get on that non-endorsement bandwagon.

L'Oreal have also long stated that they don't endorse the use of Olaplex, or any other third party product.

From L'Oreals point of view, should there be an unpredicted reaction on a client, they have already stated that no additives should be used with their colour system.

Scott Breed, Director of Education, colorpHlex

I believe these patent numbers are for Bis-Aminopropy Diglycol Dimaleate, the active ingredient in Olaplex. Maleic acid, along with guar gum, are part of the precursors or ingredients used to manufacture Bis-Aminopropy Diglycol Dimaleate. There is obviously a big difference in Bis-Aminopropy Diglycol Dimaleate and maleic acid.

Maleic acid is used in several ways in industry and is synthesized in several ways. Some of those methods are patented, but maleic acid is not.

You're absolutely right, I'm mistaken. We do not have a patent on maleic acid, we only have pending patents that I'm not at liberty to speak of.

You're absolutely right, I'm mistaken. We do not have a patent on maleic acid, we only have pending patents that I'm not at liberty to speak of.
Ab, I commend you on your strong answer of integrity and grace.

Scott Breed, Director of Education, colorpHlex

I believe these patent numbers are for Bis-Aminopropy Diglycol Dimaleate, the active ingredient in Olaplex. Maleic acid, along with guar gum, are part of the precursors or ingredients used to manufacture Bis-Aminopropy Diglycol Dimaleate. There is obviously a big difference in Bis-Aminopropy Diglycol Dimaleate and maleic acid.

Maleic acid is used in several ways in industry and is synthesized in several ways. Some of those methods are patented, but maleic acid is not.

I wonder if Olaplex would like to patent "water" in future. In that case they will probbably get big problems with Nestlé!

Doesn't really matter though because all the genuine tests that are done show that olaplex works, and all the other do f all.

The "before-after" photos is all that have been done yet as "genuine tests". But there exists no empirical evidence, ie. microanalysis of the hair structure after the Olaplex treatment. The active ingredient in Olaplex is engineered to bond to sulfhydryls which are created when the cystine bond is reduced. But does this occure to the real hair in the real world?
The other similar products show the same "before-after" results, they do not fall regarding the points of softness, shine, volume and perfect look of the hair. And that is all what the customer wants to get for her/his money and by applying other products it is only one a half or one third of it.
Besides that, if the disulfide bonds in your hair were reduced by every colouring or lightening your hair, then not your hair were the problem, but your hairstylist.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back