Olaplex

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missy106

Reaction score
What is this product? Ive read up a but about it but dont quite understand it?

Ye i have but i still dont get it lol x

From what the website says it links broken bonds up during and after a bleaching service saving the hair from damage, far as I know it dilutes the peroxide so you get for e.g 20vol results with 30vol (swear I read this somewhere) check out guy tangs Instagram and Tracy Cunningham's they use it and have some info, Tracy did a video on how to mix etc, I can't wait to check it out myself x

Ye all i can see is it saying u ise 30/40/50 vol!! It scares me lol

I think in America higher strengths are available as they are licensed. For example you can still use formaldehyde in American is keratin systems, it like 'you have a licence so we trust you'. In the UK the standard of hairdressing is much lower and we have more restrictions. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong)

I saw something on Instagram where guy tang is promoting the use of 130vol. I wouldn't say the use of Olapex is so you can safely use 40vol on the hair, they still say you need to be careful as it isn't a magic wand.

I'm In America and we do have access to higher developers I also followed guy tang and saw olaplex and him use it as a a hairdresser I have it now and it is groundbreaking stuff!! Ofcourse you do up the developer for desired result for. 30 result use 40 v for 20 use 30 v etc. Etc. It is phenomenal stuff I even feel the hair is better and I went over previously lightness hair with 30 vol! Ofcourse they say don't completely rely on it and be careful when pushing the envelope but as a hair dresser that's common sense with any chemical you can def do a lot with this stuff and It has changed the industry forever! NO MORE BREAKAGE :)!!

I NEED / WANT this stuff!!!

Missy, it sounds easy..if I've got this right...if you normally use 20 vol for colour you need to use 30 vol instead or if bleaching with 30 vol, use 40, again as the Olaplex stuff dilutes it so its weaker as the 1/8 per ounce of olaplex dilutes the volume of developer giving you the vol below what you'd use.

Ric, Guy Tang is amazing, I follow him too on FB... I've pm'd you Ric

Want!!!! When's it in the UK?

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
Does anyone know if you can use this on the scalp with lightener?
On the website it says highlights and balayage. And then can be used with permanent, semis, hilifts etc..

Mine arrived, but I haven't tried it yet. I emailed Dean and you can use it on scalp. I plan to use for on scalp clients. Just still not sure about bumping up the developer.

I've been really sick and haven't been here in a while. But for my high maintenance blondes, I've been doing root touch ups with cream bleach and just volume 10 developer. So that means with Olaplex I'd kick it up to 20. Just when I started getting used to low and slow ;)

For now it's only available on their site. They ship to the UK.

I've ordered mine, not here yet though. Can't wait to try it!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1406548097.628440.jpg

I used it a couple of times last week, trialling it on clients with quite damaged hair that simply don't look after it, I loved the results! The hair just felt amazing, can't wait to try it on my 'hardcore blondes'!!! :)

Oh you can use it on any colour? I thought it was just for bleach x

Oh you can use it on any colour? I thought it was just for bleach x

You use slightly different quantities if used in bleach as opposed to tint but have to remember to up your developer level, development time is also slower and varies dependant on shade/developer etc so has to be monitored but I honestly saw such a difference in the clients hair I have used it on so far xx

Do you get charged extra as it's coming from America? I can't seem to find a site that has it in £ only dollars. I'm just about to purchase some I think.

Do you get charged extra as it's coming from America? I can't seem to find a site that has it in £ only dollars. I'm just about to purchase some I think.

Yes obviously when it comes through on your statement it's converted to pounds but you can easily convert it online to know how much it is beforehand, be aware though that you will probably also have to pay customs before you receive your parcel, I received a letter and had to pay it before I got mine which slowed the whole process up slightly, bit annoying having to pay more!!! :(

Is the customs charge a lot?

Latest posts

Back