Olaplex

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kreativehair

Reaction score
Never used this stuff, have a client mid lengths and ends are level 7 but want to lighten up to make silver but the condition of her hair isn't great she hasn't had any bleach on it in abt 7 months. If I use the olaplex in with bleach would it be OK? Or advise to not touch because of the condition?

Never used this stuff, have a client mid lengths and ends are level 7 but want to lighten up to make silver but the condition of her hair isn't great she hasn't had any bleach on it in abt 7 months. If I use the olaplex in with bleach would it be OK? Or advise to not touch because of the condition?
Olaplex is just insurance. I would advise a few olaplex treatments, then send her home with #3. You will be able to do it eventually.

If you wouldn't do it without Olaplex you shouldn't do it with.

Do some stand alones. Address the protein and moisture needs and then re-assess later.

Can it be added into any colours?

The health of your clients hair is of the upmost importance and like the comments above would advise you to do an Olaplex stand alone and some moisture and protein treatments prior to any color service. If the client is desperate enough to want it done immediately please have her fill out a waiver. You might also advise her that proceeding will damage the ends a bit and a haircut might be in her future

Also Olaplex is intermix able with all semi permanent and permanent colors lighteners relaxers and permanent waves including Goldwell Elumin

The health of your clients hair is of the upmost importance and like the comments above would advise you to do an Olaplex stand alone and some moisture and protein treatments prior to any color service. If the client is desperate enough to want it done immediately please have her fill out a waiver. You might also advise her that proceeding will damage the ends a bit and a haircut might be in her future

Just to let you know that Waivers are not legally binding in many parts of Europe inc. the UK.
They can also be used as evidence of a lack of professionalism because the hairdresser knows that the client is likely to suffer damage.

Olaplex is awesome for helping to repair the broken disulfide bonds of the hair that get damaged with peroxide is used, but I agree that if the hair is very damaged right now, do some stand along Olaplex treatment and some Protein treatment after rinsing & shampooing off the #2, this way you are taking care of both the inside & outside of the hair and doing these treatment would be the first step to getting her hair healthy again.

Latest posts

Back