Old before our time?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metamorfosis

Gel Polish Stylist of the Year 2016
Reaction score
I'm noticing now, at 25, that I seem to get pains and damage myself in various places more easily than I used to. Has anyone else experienced this? This week I've torn a tendon in thumb area which is affecting the whole "doing nails" thing, and I've not done anything more strenuous than the usual nail and beauty day to day work activities. Usually my body stands up to this stuff but not lately!

Wrist pain, back pain, neck pain shoulder pain - is this just a part of life in our industry? I have a tumour in my left leg that means I have to drive pretty much everywhere, can't do much walking, is it just the lack of regular walking exercise that's making my body weaker in general or is it more likely work related?

Hello my lovely I'm 28 and I wake up in the morning joints hurting I walk like I've craped myself (like Lil old lady).I click crack crunch when I bend down my knees click all the time lol.if I'm on the floor and try to get up lol it takes me about half hour off oohing and aaaring ouching lol.

I really feel myself falling apart these days I do feel older than what I am.

I can't put mine down to working as I only do friends and family really so I mist be just getting really old lol.xxx

I think some of it is down to work. I started getting twinges up my arms (going to the physio for this when I get a chance to give them a ring lol) to get some strengthening exercises which I'm hoping will help.

I click a lot all the time :( it's horrible.

I'm only 21 lol x

I'm 32 and I noticed this when I turned 31, almost over night. My shoulders and elbows crack when I'm turning over in bed, I walk like an old lady when I get out of bed, takes me ages to stand up from ground level. Thought it was just me, I'm glad it's not, I took to running to try and get fit and also joined a gym, it has helped a little but I would like to be 25 again lol

I'm only 21 and I have a clicky shoulder, knees just like Crystal Colleen, where it's agony to get down on the floor and then it takes all my mental power to push myself up again because they hurt so much! I have a bad neck that was damaged in a car accident so if I stay in a certain position too long it goes stiff and the only thing to make my muscles relax again is going to sleep. I get a trapped nerve in my bum cheek every now and again too, the list is endless! I dread to think what I'll be like when I'm older if this is how I am now lol!

It is a medical fact that the body starts to deteriorate at 30, this includes bones, major organs, loss of muscle mass etc.

No wonder I feel 105 every morning!

It is a medical fact that the body starts to deteriorate at 30, this includes bones, major organs, loss of muscle mass etc.

No wonder I feel 105 every morning!

I think it starts at 20 in our case! Lol x

I think it starts at 20 in our case! Lol x

Ah but you heal quicker and can go to work on a raging hangover, now it takes me 3 days to recover..lol

I'm so glad I'm not alone haha. I used to be super fit, but now like the rest of you I hobble about! I hurt my back in a car accident 5 years ago, tore ligaments in my back (playing the Wii!!!) and had problems during pregnancy with my back and pelvis, been to physio 4 times but their exercises hasn't helped at all. I've had to give up my favorite hobby (karate) because my body can't take it anymore lol. If I lie on the ground I actually cannot get up without help and on a bad day can't pick up my kids, and struggle to walk due to the pain, thankfully they aren't often!
Hangovers.....I don't get drunk enough to get hungover anymore, cos its just not worth it haha. I feel 84 not 24/25 in Dec. Lol xx

I am 21 and am definitely old before my time :lol: More so mentally than physically...... I'm not one for binge drinking, hate going out in the cold, have to wear thermals to work in the winter, love getting early nights etc! Next step Saga holidays and bus pass :biggrin: x

I am 21 and am definitely old before my time :lol: More so mentally than physically...... I'm not one for binge drinking, hate going out in the cold, have to wear thermals to work in the winter, love getting early nights etc! Next step Saga holidays and bus pass :biggrin: x

We sound separated at birth!! Except im 19/20 in dec!!

I'm 33 next month but I've had clicky knees since I was in my early teens!

I had gallstones that started when I was about 29 and I finally had my gallbladder out last year, which thankfully ended 3 years of undiagnosed HELL! Not work related but apparently that's young for gallstones! haha.

Latest posts

Back