"Old school"...Bring 'em back

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tip-toe

Reaction score
I was doing a manicure on a friend (whom has had nail training in the past), she was very surprised that I didn't cut her "cuticles" (eponychium)..!! After I explained why, she said "Guess it's old school then" :|

Time has move on, new creations, new technology; innovative breakthrough etc...but I'm sure it's not always easy to "teach an old dog new tricks" (take no offence...just a saying) :p...besides, why should you? If it still works.

Please share your experiences; things of the past; tips and tricks you still use despite new ones or ideas you think "why didn't I think of that?"...

For any reasons you like to stay anonymous about your experiences or your wisdom here's an example, I saw my auntie :wink2::wink2: pushing back "cuticles" with a hoof stick :eek:

I was doing a manicure on a friend (whom has had nail training in the past), she was very surprised that I didn't cut her "cuticles" (eponychium)..!! After I explained why, she said "Guess it's old school then" :|

Time has move on, new creations, new technology; innovative breakthrough etc...but I'm sure it's not always easy to "teach an old dog new tricks" (take no offence...just a saying) :p...besides, why should you? If it still works.

Please share your experiences; things of the past; tips and tricks you still use despite new ones or ideas you think "why didn't I think of that?"...

For any reasons you like to stay anonymous about your experiences or your wisdom here's an example, I saw my auntie :wink2::wink2: pushing back "cuticles" with a hoof stick :eek:

It doesn't still work though, hon - it just makes the eponychium grow back thicker and 'badder' than before. That's why things move on - thankfully like the recycled wax, bleeeuurgh :eek:

I said in another thread that I had a client of someone who had just finished her HNC in beauty, which obviously includes a mani/pedi block. She sat on my chair and proudly stated that she'd cut her cuticles to save me the bother and asked, with an expectant smile, if she'd done a good job. I explained to her that I don't do that, and why, and I explained why I do what I do - removing every trace of tissue from the nail plate, etc. She seemed genuinely interested.

I don't mean to sound like a party-pooper, btw, just saying we move on for a reason :D

Latest posts

Back