Old Shellac, I'm talking ancient!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahlou06

Reaction score
Good morning to you all on this super hot day!

After taking a break from beauty I have re found my passion and slowly building my client base again. I sold most of my beauty gear apart from my trusty shellac.
I have obviously reinvested in the newer colours purely because they are so hard to resist.

I know I have read somewhere that shellac has no expiry date just give it a good shake but after applying a very very old application of lobster roll on a client this past weekend I can't help but worry is this ok and will her lovely coral nails last?!!

My old shellac colour are a good 4 years + old.

All comments welcome!!

I think I would be inclined to purchase new bottles of shellac colours, base and top coats if I was going to use it on paying clients.
I would worry too much about their staying power and I wouldn't want to risk a poor reputation when starting up again.
I would use up the old bottles on myself and family only tbh.

There are currently 2 suppliers to get your products from - Sweet squared & Ellisons.

I still have old bottles, they work ok after a good shake

I've never worked or trained with CND, but the company I did train with taught us that there's a 2 year expiration date on theirs, BUT the products last well beyond.

So I'm inclined to believe that your shellac should be fine.

Thank you for your helpful replies ladies!
Yes new topcoat and basecost was an aboslute must

Latest posts

Back