olympia who's been?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thg

Reaction score
Hi all..
tired a weary from there trek to Olympia...
just interested in your views..
I was very dissappionted with the show,lack of big names. lack of nail related items.
I took the train at 7 am this morning arrived at 9.30 queued for a further 30 mins then left olympia and was home just after 1pm.
so you can imagine how long I was at the show. I even asked the doorman if there was another room , as My daughter and I couldn't believe it.
They were actually selling rio products there , yes there was a stall full of the stuff, couldn't believe it.
I won't be going there again. What a complete and utter waste of time money and energy.
Also did you go passed the stall that was selling make up there selling tactics were to much, the staff were in your face and very off putting.
I'm so annoyed that i wasted my day.
I feel so sorry for the people who travelled a longer distance than me.
I do hope they enjoyed there day, perhaps i'm just hard to please.?
:(:irked::cry::mad:thg

Thank god I could not go (back pain) I wanted to go tho. I never miss a show usually.

What is Rio ? (obviously not nail related)

Rio is a DIY type brand hun, they sell acrylic and gel kits, tooth whitening, wax kits, spray tanning etc etc, you can buy them in argos!!! as you can imgaine they are not highly rated on here, i was very dissaolpinted when i went to PB last year, that they were there too

sorry you didnt enjoy it hun, hope the others had better luck xxxxx

Hi, I can understand how you feel as I expected there to be more nail related stands there, and there were a couple of stands that quite frankly I thought wouldn't have looked out of place in a market.

But after saying that, it was my first show so I was excited to be going and I did enjoy it, not least because I got free permanent cosmetic done on my eyebrows, £300/400 saved I was having it done next month anyway. So thats good and I love the result.

I also managed to spend quite a bit, and I had a good look at the nail systems out there, I would def, go to another show, just to compare it but all in all ..I had a good time.

Thanks, (Doh! know it now:irked:) lol

What a shame especially after last year when it was cancelled. Emap may pull this show completely if the turn out is low.:cry:

thanks,
so dissappionted i had a lovely long list of goodies i wanted,
and i came away with pair tweezers and a nail file whooppee
oh and some brushes.
never mind bought me husband a nice curry to cheer us up lol...
Just can't believe rio omg.
thg:(

I didnt go as it was my 1st anniversasy today so we went for a meal.Didnt want to take hubby as it was unfair , he said he didnt mind but we didnt go.xx

of course it was cancelled last year forgot about that.
Perhaps other geeks enjoyed the show hope so, because there was sooooo many people there.
Let's keep our fingers crossed they enjoyed themselves.
course there;s always the nailympics.
Hopefully that was a good day for the competitors.. bless em...
anyway had me moan. getting over it now..lol:)

happy anniversary:hug:thg

I had a great time! Went with Gelly and another (new) geek Mariter. Met up with Axiom and also had a nail done by Angel Fingers. Also spent a fortune :eek: but can't wait for delivery of my new IJoy Ride!!

I went with a shopping list and hardly brought anything.

Was totally disappointed that there was'nt a lot of nail companies there.

The Rio stand made me laugh, i thought the show was for professional products.

Did buy a new product though with free conversion course - which i didn't intend to buy, so maybe some good did come of it.

Overall was very disappointed and may consider not going next year.

I just hope Prof Beauty North in October, has more nail companies attending.

I did notice a lot of make up/jewellery/hair extn companies there again, I thought it was a Beauty Trade show, not a market!

God I am so glad I didnt annoy my hubby to let me go if it was that bad I would have been expecting loads of things there to make up for flights n hotels etc.

Can't believe rio was there thats really bad.

And Happy Anniversary THG

I'm going tomorrow not sure if I'm looking forward to it as much now it sounds like your all dissapointed.x

sorry you've all had a bad day but I'm sure it wasn't canceled last year was it??
I've just come on on to see a ++ thread about how all all fellow geeks did in the comps .. so gang how did you you all do?

Rio .. surely not????? bet the hang bag stand was there too!!!

It just shows what the industry is coming to if Rio can afford a stand. The price of a stand is unbelievable so I guess Rio are still reeling the suckers in eh?
I would have loved to have gone all the same. I love shows.

the handbag. a stall with pens and things covered in diamontes and high price to go with it, jewellery. more handbags and chocolate fountain, cuddly toy, bbq ,rotisserie no joking about the last 3 items.
yes the show was cancelled last year at the eleventh hour.
shame they didn't do the same this year . never mind not all the geeks had a bad day that's good.
and am so glad that you didn't fly over to england to go to show, you would of been gutted,
thg:)

well i was going to go but i have got my ezflow design day tomorrow so ot going now....... think i am going to enjoy what i am doing a lot more anyway.

I went and must say I am very disappointed, I also went with a long list and came back with next to none of it and also to top it off I had some glitter added to my eyes but when doing it the woman actually got it in my eye which stung so badly, then she said "oh I thought I had done that, let me get it out for you" and proceeded to stick a dry cotton bud in my eye!!!!:eek:
I wont be going next year!

i really enjoyed it , but it was my first show and i loved the jessica stand, spent lots of money.
but i was dissapointed there wasn't so many nail stands and shocked to see rio in a professional trade show.
i was also accosted by the make up lady, but did try it and when my husband picked me up he said how nice i looked (shame i didn't buy any )

Carole xx

Latest posts

Back