Olympia - your comments please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kathryn

Reaction score
Hey all

I am currently writing my Olympia preview for Professional Nails and wanted to make it a bit more personal, so thought I'd turn to the good old geeks.

I want your comments on why you bother turning up to Olympia, plus how you make the most of your time there and your survival tips on easing those aching feet!

Cheers all... I hope you help.

Thanks
Kat

Professional Nails
Tel: 020 7471 1618
Email: [email protected]

I love any excuse to shop!! Its good to go to Olympia to keep up with the latest innovations,get new ideas and browse the Profesional beauty,health and nail stands. You can catch live demo's and enter competitions there is a lot to do and see at olympia. My survival tips to stop those aching feet,wear flat shoes that are comfortable to walk around in, stop regularly for coffee/drinks and snacks to rest those poor tootsies (good excuse hey)!!
When you return home soak feet in a nice warm aromatherapy foot bath, dry feet and massage in some soothing peppermint foot lotion ahhhhh now thats better isn't it!!!

I agree with Lucy but with one extra addition - I always take hubby coz he's brill at carrying things! :green: Bless you Barry - always soooooo supportive. :lol:

Ive not done olympia yet, this is my first year, too i am taking hubby, i don't have a credit card, will i need a load of dosh ?

Kim said:
I agree with Lucy but with one extra addition - I always take hubby coz he's brill at carrying things! :green: Bless you Barry - always soooooo supportive. :lol:

heeee heeee heeeee lol how funny kim but soooo true, good for carrying the bags im still laughing can just imagine the poor bloke being dragged to every stand gaining more and more bags and thinking when are we going. Your lucky he comes with you mine wouldn't :rolleyes: :lol:

Kim said:
yep i take hubby too ...helps with the bags and shares the driving too:lol:
he tries to look interested all day ...but by late afternoon you can see he has had enough:rolleyes: but he always perks up when i ask if he is ready to leave :p
debbie

Kathryn said:
Hey all

I am currently writing my Olympia preview for Professional Nails and wanted to make it a bit more personal, so thought I'd turn to the good old geeks.

I want your comments on why you bother turning up to Olympia, plus how you make the most of your time there and your survival tips on easing those aching feet!

Thanks
Kat

Professional Nails
Why am I going to Olympia, welllllllllllll to compete of course !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
To check out afterwards whos nails are just to die for !!!!!!!!!
Lots of Experts under one roof !!!!!!!!!!!!!
To get my score sheet at the end, best one to one critisism I will ever get!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's the best place for Techs to check out whats happening in the nail world......
Get great advice form all the companys on their products, Seminars to enhance your skill and inform you, on how to tweak and improve your skills.....
Product launches and if you are having problems with your products, this is the place to get answers.............

Tips on survival...well take some picnic lunch with you, the chain of people at the refreshment stalls is usualy huge.............
Comfy shoes, a little dolly trolley for all your bits and bobs you will acquire through out the day.............

Appart from that, meeting up with my geeky friends and yacking about nails!!!!!!
Nail heaven for me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I think Olympia is the show of the year!
Its sooo huge and I get a real buzz from it.
All the top companies are represented and as already said you can get answers to any questions you may have, see things done the correct way if you're unsure and meet a lot of the top techs.
The demos are my favourites and I always get some nails done (Look out Antony!)
Aside from the obvious spending spree .. which is always huge because theres always special offers ... I love to meet up with my fellow geeks.
As Ruth said its Heaven!!!

Olympia has to be the best show for me - so much to see (and buy!).
It is the ultimate shopping spree - watch out all u hardworking people on the Designer Nails stand coz your my first stop :biggrin:

Have to take plenty of breaks during the day coz my poor sis who comes with me can't take the pace. Have tried to convince hubby to come but he's not up for it :( Shame coz he would make a good pack horse LOL. Just let the train take the strain so no driving involved then home for a good long foot soak and lashings of cucumber heel therapy to cool my hot little tootsies.

Shaza

everything under one roof arrrrrrrrrrrrgh heaven !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
i have to say that if it had`nt been for the special deal on rail fares i may not have been able to go.
my hubby is a bag carrier too, as long as he is fed and watered he can wander around for hours :lol:

One of the best shows all year...........to me its like Christmas come early :D
I am in heaven when I am watching some of my idles at work (will try not to sit on your lap this year Antony for a birds eye view lol) and what better way to spend having a coffee with all me Geeky m8s chatting about nails, pure bliss.
But!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am also a little worried as I will be competing :eek: oh well will with have Ruth and Caroline to hold my hand lol.

Take care Dawnie xxxx

Kat,

I've never been before but am going this year and really looking forward to it.

I am going because as a student I have found there are LOADS of products/suppliers/accessories and I'd like to see them 'in the flesh' to get an idea of which ranges I like, compare prices, hopefully get some samples. It will be nice to speak to other Geeks to get honest opinions on products they've tried rather than relying solely on the opinions of the people selling the stuff.
It's a chance to see loads of stuff in one place. Actually seeing products in use has to be a much better way to judge their quality/ease of use etc. than just looking in a magazine or catalogue - you can't smell stuff in a catalogue either!
Oh - and as if i need one - an excuse to spend money :) :) ; now where did I put that 0% credit card.........

Bryony

Kathryn said:
Hey all

Thanks
Kat

Professional Nails

Because it's the best show of them all and I haven't missed one in the eight years I've been doing nails!!

You have to have a plan... what I usually do is get all the stuff on my shopping list first then take it all back to my car (in the NCP out back) then go back to have a good look round and buy more stuff!
I prefer not to take my husband because I wouldn't spend half as much money if he were around, he he!

I prefer not to take my husband because I wouldn't spend half as much money if he were around, he he![/QUOTE]

i would never take my husband. he would think i should be done in an hour. he would moan and groan all day. id feel like i had to hurry to save him from being bored and he would question my every purchase 'dont you already have some at home' that kind of thing.hes a great husband but not a great shopper. i like to buy tiny things like rhinestones and nail jewellery at shows as they are much easier to choose in the flesh rather than in a catalogue. also they fit discreetly into your handbag so you dont have to justify yourself when you get home! i love the demos too. the only thing i hate is the crowds , i cant believe that people would struggle through all that with great big bags of couch rolls just to save 20 pence or so!.

Well this year I'm going to make it to the right place on the right day!! 2 years ago I went up with my friend and I told her we had to go to the other big venue in London (I can't think for the life of me what it's called!) about 15mins away. So after speaking to a security guard we got back on the train and made our way to Olympia...............only to find that it started on the Sunday and not the Saturday.........holy smoke:o .

And do you know why I'm so sure I'll get there? Well the answer is that I'm going with Debs and she'll sort me out!!

Oh and another thing.........this year I'm gonna make sure I get round all the nail stalls first.........last year I spent the last 1hr trying desperately to grab all the things I really needed.

Adele

Peppercorn Nails said:
And do you know why I'm so sure I'll get there? Well the answer is that I'm going with Debs and she'll sort me out!!Adele

:o :o :o
You obviously haven`t seen the trip from Wolverhampton I did with Tamm, lol............
Only kidding, I go to Olympia every year so I do know where I`m going

Peppercorn Nails said:
Oh and another thing.........this year I'm gonna make sure I get round all the nail stalls first.........last year I spent the last 1hr trying desperately to grab all the things I really needed.Adele

I did exactly the same last year, then didn`t get much time at the nails part and I`d spent my money too....... :sad:

Olympia - oh my god, it has to be the only day i get out of bed BEFORE my alarm clock goes, my husband says i go into 'january sales mode'!!!

I print of the exhibitors list beforehand, highlight all the stands i want to visit, make a list of all the product i need to buy, i get there, walk in the door to the exhibiton hall, quickly read my list again to refresh my memory then head for one of the suppliers on my list and out of the corner of my eye i'll see something rhinestoney and sparkley that i dont' need but just have to have - and that girls is the point when the list is forgotten and 'what i need is replaced' by 'what i want' :twisted: and i emerge some 4 hours later looking like a bag lady!!

God i love it!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well lets see, there are just so many reasons why Olympia is a must!!
Competing is my main reason for going, getting some feed back from some of the best nail techs is great and very helpful, then i know what to improve on for next time and the time after that and........i'll go on forever!!
Then what better way to de-stress yourself after all that hard work than to shop!!! I'm a major product junkie and its THE place to see everything thats new and spend a fortune.
This year will be great cause i'll also get a chance to meet some of the other geeks that i chat to on here, so i wouldn't miss it for the world!
Paula
x

NailsNovice said:
Ive i don't have a credit card, will i need a load of dosh ?

ummmmm YES!!
:) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back