Ombré extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChelleBells10

Reaction score
Could I ask your advice on a set of pre bonded extensions for an ombré.... Would you just use the lighter colours through the ends or would you put some of the darker colour from the top through the ends to blend the line through a bit??
The client already has her natural hair ombré so would it just blend with the natural ends?

I'm not sure what you mean, have you ever fitted ombré before?

No, that's my problem. Her own hair is colored in an ombré but I can't get pre ombre-Ed extensions to match her colour so if I just used bonds that match her natural ends would that blend ok as an ombré and still look ok when tied up?im a fully qualified hairdresser/extensionsist but haven't fitted these before x

Have you tried looking into a different supplier? I had an ombré weft a few months ago from Hair Planet, they did a few coloured ombré extensions x

I need pre bonded not wefts unfortunately x

What's the shades you need?

It depends on the length of her own hair, and when the ombré starts. If you're a hairdresser, then colour the extensions yourself? I get a hairdresser to do this for me if I need custom ombré done.

It depends on the length of her own hair, and when the ombré starts. If you're a hairdresser, then colour the extensions yourself? I get a hairdresser to do this for me if I need custom ombré done.

I don't do extensions but did colour my friends this way once fitted, she bought some blond ones that matched the ombré ends and we just coloured the tops the same colour as her natural feathering down. Not easy to do but is the best way if you're struggling to colour match. I think it's better than pre-ombré bonds as they tend to be a bit liney anyway.

Yeah that's what I think too Sazzle. What a palava!!(not sure how that's spelt!) would it not work by putting the lighter ones in as extensions do you think?xx

I just color them easiest way in my opinion, I've never been a fan of pre done ombré extensions hard to match up

There is no need at all to colour the hair, just add the lightest colour required as you are only fitting underneath.

Yeah that's what I think too Sazzle. What a palava!!(not sure how that's spelt!) would it not work by putting the lighter ones in as extensions do you think?xx

It's up to you really I've seen it both ways, speak to her and see if she's happy it feeling more blonde potentially. Obviously worn down it'll blend but if she wears it up she might feel she's lost the ombré effect a bit or that it doesn't blend as well if u know what I mean.

But then I was lazy with my extensions and wore them in a pony all the time!

It's up to you really I've seen it both ways, speak to her and see if she's happy it feeling more blonde potentially. Obviously worn down it'll blend but if she wears it up she might feel she's lost the ombré effect a bit or that it doesn't blend as well if u know what I mean.

But then I was lazy with my extensions and wore them in a pony all the time!

When tied up it will make no difference at all as you always leave the edges free of extensions - there is no need at all to make ombres difficult, with extensions they are very easy to do if already present on client. See attached for reference, when put up you can see no physical evidence of the bonds underneath.

Attachments

• ultrasonic18.jpg
    ultrasonic18.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 205
When tied up it will make no difference at all as you always leave the edges free of extensions - there is no need at all to make ombres difficult, with extensions they are very easy to do if already present on client. See attached for reference, when put up you can see no physical evidence of the bonds underneath.

Do you have any photos of this hair straight? I would always ombré extensions if the client has ombré hair. I colour them myself, it's not an easy job but IMO looks much nicer especially when the hair is straightened. I wouldn't ever fit only blond as I come too far up the head on most clients also. The whole idea of ombré is that it should be seamless and I think that should include the extensions xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392485130.428998.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392485149.007080.jpg
Here's a few of mine that were coloured to match the client prior to fitting. Xxx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392485137.287802.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392485137.287802.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 1,070
Do you have any photos of this hair straight? I would always ombré extensions if the client has ombré hair. I colour them myself, it's not an easy job but IMO looks much nicer especially when the hair is straightened. I wouldn't ever fit only blond as I come too far up the head on most clients also. The whole idea of ombré is that it should be seamless and I think that should include the extensions xx

No this particular client had naturally curly hair, they blended perfectly though, she had quite a dramatic ombre initially.

I can definitely see the difference. I guess it's personal preference. I may colour the bonds as you say prior to put them in. I haven't been doing extensions very long so want to be sure the best result is achieved x

View attachment 56363View attachment 56365
Here's a few of mine that were coloured to match the client prior to fitting. Xxx

Def personal pref but these are beautiful!! And the effect is similar to what I did I just did it once the extensions were in, only as it wasn't me that fitted them she came to me after.

But you're right with the hairline left out too u might not necessarily need too. Depends on client preference.

I'd love an ashy ombré like that but I'm trying desp to not touch my hair, it's killing me lol!

Latest posts

Back