Ombré hair extensions on hair that's not already ombré

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daniellelouise

Reaction score
So I'm having a major panic I have a client in on Saturday who wants ombré hair using the nano ring method. Her natural hair is shade 5 just past her shoulders and she wants the blonde to be shade 12. Her natural hair isn't coloured she just wants to achieve this look with hair extensions. What would be the best day to do the placement to achieve an ombré look to make it look natural?

Or would a balayage effect be better for her? If so what would the placement be for this?

I've not done anything like this before so Any advice would be great.

Thank you

I did something like this a couple of weeks ago , I wish I had of added more blonde round the back but she just wanted it around the face.. The result ended up with a Balyage/ombré feel see pic
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1464878826.660611.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1464878867.607799.jpg

I do the top two rows in a colour to match her hair. Then the rows below that in a two different colors that don't look strippy against each other or the clients hair colour. The very bottom row I do in the same color of their hair to. Does that make sense?!x

Thank you what do you do on the sides? X

I do the top two rows in a colour to match her hair. Then the rows below that in a two different colors that don't look strippy against each other or the clients hair colour. The very bottom row I do in the same color of their hair to. Does that make sense?!x

What shades do you think go well with hair that's all over black? I have black hair and would like to add abit of colour to it using extensions but don't want it too look to harsh / contrasting D: X

What shades do you think go well with hair that's all over black? I have black hair and would like to add abit of colour to it using extensions but don't want it too look to harsh / contrasting D: X
Extensions colors 2,4 and 10 together. 10 gives it a nice lift. Use plenty of 1 though x

I did something like this a couple of weeks ago , I wish I had of added more blonde round the back but she just wanted it around the face.. The result ended up with a Balyage/ombré feel see pic View attachment 197832View attachment 197833
Awww that looks fab!!! I love it! I have really fine hair naturally, so extensions on fine hair are quite forgiving... and my hair kinda looks ombré anyway once extensions are added. Sometimes if the colour is very contrast we add a block colour of my own colour underneath so when it's worn back the bonds are not "stripy" or noticeable. So I guess it would kind of depend on the clients real hair whether you would get away with this... only done two clients so I'm still learning on what works/doesn't work! This forum is fab, you're all so clever and inspiring! Second client was today and went great, lovely thick long locks and she loved it. Xx

Latest posts

Back