Ombré to platinum blonde

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lalalaurz

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have a client tomorrow who had an ombré done at another salon and now wants to be as blonde as possible. I’ve told her there’s a good chance I won’t be able to do it in one go and she’s fine with that. So my question is would you go in with lots and lots of bleach highlights, flood with a semi and then tone or would you use a colour remover on the dark tinted area first and then highlight? I’m mobile so I’m conscious of time and the cost for the client but equally I don’t want her walking out of here with a colour I’m not satisfied with...
thanks in advance!

How dark is the tinted part and whats her natural depth? If its darker than a 7 I'd be tempted to do a colour remover or gentle cleanse. Then foil really fine weaves back to back.

How dark is the tinted part and whats her natural depth? If its darker than a 7 I'd be tempted to do a colour remover or gentle cleanse. Then foil really fine weaves back to back.
Yeah it’s about a 5 on the natural root and 4 in the tinted area... def got my work cut out!!

Yeah it’s about a 5 on the natural root and 4 in the tinted area... def got my work cut out!!
Yeah I'd definitely try and lift the dark up to a 7 then or there'll be a lot of contrast and she'll look like a skunk[emoji85] how light are the ends? If they're a 10 I'd be inclined to only take your back drop/flooding down to where the ombre starts which will leave the ends nice and bright!

Latest posts

Back