Ombré with all over tint?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HairByAlly

Reaction score
Hey geeks

I have a lady booked in on Wednesday who is wanting the ombré effect. I have done this a lot now on other clients and I use the back combing technique when foiling. The only problem I'm facing now is that this particular lady is also needing a tint! I have taken seperate strands - one for the tint, one for the hi-lift and know which colours I will be using - just stuck on the technique as I don't want the colours to bleed! Can anybody give any hints or tips on how they go about it?

Thanks in advance :) x

Put the tint on first, about 1ch of roots, put ur balayage foils in on her ends, then apply the colour on the mid lengths on the back combing, easy always do it

I work from the bottom up in small sections, applying the darker colour / colours to the roots and mid lengths and then the lightest colour to the remaining lengths and ends. I personally don't backcomb though, ive found i get a better blend by leaving an inch gap between the colours and smudging them together with a finger. Cling film is also good for isolating sections, but generally i just make sure i place each section carefully so the colours don't touch! If you are using bleach i would put those pieces in foil.

Hope this makes sense!

Yeah that makes sense :) thank you!!! Xx

Latest posts

Back