Ombre backcombing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piersstanaway

Reaction score
Does anyone else find that when you backcomb hair for the ombre and apply bleach to the ends, after rinsing its an absolute nightmare to comb out the knots. I use good treatment and tangle teezer comb but still it can be a long process! any tips??

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I used to back comb but combing out takes too long so I use the balayage ombre technique now! But when I did do the back combing I always wet the hair while in the bowl and use conditioner. Try to massage the conditioner through the hair and get as much tangle out as possible and the with a wide tooth comb, comb starting from the bottom and work your way up! All while in the bowl. Once you get the tangles out just rinse as usual!

I backcomb my hair when doing ombre and never have a problem. If you backcomb correctly it should brush out easily, I know what you mean though when it gets wet, I put lots of conditioner on and comb it through with my fingers then rinse x

Use argan oil first paying most attention to the back combed parts really massage in then use tangle teezer x

I get this almost every time! Sometimes I panic incase I havint teased it enough to blend it in, but it's a nightmare brushing out after :/

Yep, I have this problem too! It's the one thing that genuinely puts me off using balayage as much as I love the results

Last edited:
Whats balayage technique? X

It's a freehand painting technique for highlighting, it looks really natural and beautiful with no severe regrowth line x

Ohhh thank you x

You shouldn't need to back comb for balayage!
Balayage is all about free hand
The back combing technique is more used to ombré x

You shouldn't need to back comb for balayage!
Balayage is all about free hand
The back combing technique is more used to ombré x

I am extremely pleased to hear this haha I will probably end up doing more balayage now! Lol :D x

Latest posts

Back