Ombre hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holly J C

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,
Some advice/help please!

I am fitting a set of Ombre extensions on Saturday and wondered if anybody had any tips on placement. My clients hair is a standard #1 base colour with no lighter ends. I purchased an Ombre extension from routes which is #1b/4/24, therefore i wanted it to blend rather than blocky. So I have purchased 1 pack of her base colour, 1 pack of #24 to add extra blonde, 1 pack of #18 as it matches nicely with the other blonde and finally 4 packs of the ombre.

Does anybody have any tips how to place all these colours throughout the hair?

Thanks!!!!

Place how you believe it would look when styled and left natural, make sure you use your clients actual colour under, round the face and on the final layer place two dark to every 1 light to prevent random blocking.

Make sure you blend very well with layers afterwards

Take pictures when this is done? Intrigued to see how it turns out! Best of luck though, I wouldn't attempt this, I would of just put her natural colour in as it runs a risk of coming out mismatched.

That link looked great. Have u used hairtalk hair before? I recognise the name and may have tried it years ago but can’t remember!

Latest posts

Back