Ombre nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJ54

Reaction score
Had a go on my own nails doing ombre using just nail Polish did not turn out very good. :( I did a base coat then applied three colours onto sponge then rolled the sponge over the nail. I did it a few times to build it up then 2 top coats as it wasn't very smooth with just 1. Would appreciate any tips you have cos I have seen some really good looking effects.

Thanks

Hi,
When I do ombré I use basecoat, 1 or 2 coats of white polish.
(Let them dry) then sponge the colours I want over the top. & topcoat.
Here's a couple of examples,
Does take a couple of goes to get it perfect though
Xx ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389020121.873244.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389020146.939575.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389020173.773488.jpg

You nails look great. Thankyou I will give them another try.

You nails look great. Thankyou I will give them another try.

Thanks, these are really old pics but it gives you the idea. There are loads of tutorials on you tube that will help you too. Xx

Here are some i did, i use a makeup sponge and paint the polish in lines on the sponge to blend, so with the blue and yellow id paint a thick stripe of blue then over half the blue and at the side id paint yellow so it makes green in the middle, then dab on the nail, if i was to do it without merging colours id dab on sepratley, you get best results when you put a white coat underneath, its abit messy but there is loads of great videos on youtube, practice makes perfect :) x

Attachments

• ombre nails.jpg
    ombre nails.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 147
and try dabbing it not rolling it over the nail x

Latest posts

Back