Ombre on extensions help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missfit

Reaction score
Right so I've decided I need a new set of extensions in, used to love wearing them but my ex told me they made me look fat and frumpy lol (obviously he's an ex now)

I'm a No60 just now but thinking of dip dying the ends a light brown for a wee change.

I've never coloured extensions before and also never applied the ombre technique although i understand how to do it ( i think) never had a client ask me to do either so its all new.

So can anyone give me any suggestions on 1 a good colour that blends well with a 60 (dont want it too dark) and 2 the best way to go about it.

I'll prob try it with lush us hair this time as i expect i'll only want it for a couple of months but worried the hair won't be good enough quality to colour, especially now with everything that's been said about their hair at the moment.

Any ideas/suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated. Want to look great again :))

Thanks geeks x

Right so I've decided I need a new set of extensions in, used to love wearing them but my ex told me they made me look fat and frumpy lol (obviously he's an ex now)

I'm a No60 just now but thinking of dip dying the ends a light brown for a wee change.

I've never coloured extensions before and also never applied the ombre technique although i understand how to do it ( i think) never had a client ask me to do either so its all new.

So can anyone give me any suggestions on 1 a good colour that blends well with a 60 (dont want it too dark) and 2 the best way to go about it.

I'll prob try it with lush us hair this time as i expect i'll only want it for a couple of months but worried the hair won't be good enough quality to colour, especially now with everything that's been said about their hair at the moment.

Any ideas/suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated. Want to look great again :))

Thanks geeks x

Hi,
Ive died lush hair before and completely killed it :( they do say not to dye it and i found out why, luckily it was my own extensions, they are limited with their colours so its hard to match as my brown had quite a lot of red in it and theres didnt, only had the hair in a couple of weeks, it went bushy, was awful

hiya iv coloured lush hair but darkened it and it was ok.... but as above they do say not to do it!!! it was my own hair incidently, not a clients!!

iv just done some additional length hair just laid it out on foil sheets and painted away! i was going dark into light gradually tho....colours #6-10-22 . Again this was for my hair... dont think id be so brave on a client yet....
and iv been moroccan oiling the ends a lot!!!
what about 60-22-12 that could be pretty subtle but still deliberate looking..... or go more dip dye and 60-6? xx

DONT USE LUSH FOR THIS!!!!!!

I did the mistake once to try and it barely even lightened with bleach even. I tried everything as a test, I pre lightened it (made it grey) left it in for a long time and NOTHING barely even a shade lighter. Got angry and left the bleach on for 3 hours and NOTHING! So odd. Made me think it wasn't human.

Also darkened it and it barely took. I wouldn't do it! If you're colouring extensions that have already been processed you really don't know what you're getting.

The main reason I wouldn't advise dying the hair is because it's a #60. It's the lightest of the blondes, it's been through harsh processing to get it from almost black to light blonde, and to dye it would be too much for it.
It's the same with most companies though.
If you were to bleach your own hair blonde from dark brown and then dye it again brown, would your hair feel silky? No, it would not.

DONT USE LUSH FOR THIS!!!!!!

I did the mistake once to try and it barely even lightened with bleach even. I tried everything as a test, I pre lightened it (made it grey) left it in for a long time and NOTHING barely even a shade lighter. Got angry and left the bleach on for 3 hours and NOTHING! So odd. Made me think it wasn't human.

Also darkened it and it barely took. I wouldn't do it! If you're colouring extensions that have already been processed you really don't know what you're getting.

I would add too when i died mine darker from a purple ish colour they eventually went back to the original colour after a couple of weeks :(

Thanks guys. Has anyone any suggestions on what hair I could use for this?

Bonita say on their website that their hair CAN be dyed? Maybe give them a ring and ask?

thanks astar. ive never used them but been hearing ok reviews about them.

Son, would celeb elite be good for this do you think? I know you've tried everything :biggrin:

Has anyone else got an recommendations on hair supplier, obviously ive read all the threads on suppliers on here but there is so many personal views and I would be keen to know about hair that can handle further colour.

Ta Geeks x

Ive colour matched Bonita hair extensions a couple of times. Ive found that you have to use a far lighter extension colour(8) to take the colour or other wise it comes out too dark and you lose the tone. Ive not yet taken extensions lighter so I cant advise on that,I do think though that an easier way is to colour the natural hair to match the extensions but I know that isnt what your after

i was going to darken light extensions as i thought this would be easier. I know blondes are already heavily processed but I have had loads of clients start with a no 613 or 60 and then have darken them down to brown.

I only want them to last 2-3 months so don't mind trying it and if i doesn;t last long then that's fine :)

I try the colours out first on the pre bonds prior to fitting. remember to really work the colour in as the bonds are quite dense. I tend to apply to the top side then lift and re apply to the underside working the colour in thoroughly

Darkening blonde hair that is pre bonded doesn't work as the bonds will then be light and look odd.

Latest posts

Back