Ombre/reverse dip dye methods?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luckygal

Reaction score
Got a client of mine who would like the ombre look, only coloured her hair 2 weeks ago (colour is pretty much white) and now wants to change it for winter but still wants the ends the same colour.
Whats the best method to get this look on the roots without that 'band' effect? Back comb it? I've only done midlength and end dip dye but not reverse! I've got a pic she has sent me of an 'idea' she had in mind.
Any tips/methods or video links would be great!
Thanks in advance!!!

Sent from my LT26i using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1379512910220.jpg
    1379512910220.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 646
Hi luckygal, I done this kind of look on my friend who had been getting a full head of blonde foils for years so was very blonde.

I basically just applied a tint to the hair as though I was doing a regrowth tint and then applied it onto mid-lengths as far down as I wanted the dark to be...started at the nape so I could see the way it was lying to work out how far down I wanted it and then I just kind of mushed it in so it would blend in with the blonde and not be a totally straight line... Sorry for my lack of technical terms by saying "mushed" I just don't know how else to describe it!

I tried to take it down slightly further on some sections and not as far on others so it wasn't a big band but not a massive difference if that makes sense so it wasn't all up and down...

I think if there is a big contrast between the colours then there is more chance of it looking like a block of colour so maybe you could tone the blonde down a bit also depending on how dark you are doing the roots ?

Got a client of mine who would like the ombre look, only coloured her hair 2 weeks ago (colour is pretty much white) and now wants to change it for winter but still wants the ends the same colour.
Whats the best method to get this look on the roots without that 'band' effect? Back comb it? I've only done midlength and end dip dye but not reverse! I've got a pic she has sent me of an 'idea' she had in mind.
Any tips/methods or video links would be great!
Thanks in advance!!!

Sent from my LT26i using SalonGeek mobile app

Do you want dip dye or ombré?
if ombré I'd select the colours obvs Pre pig just do the darkest like a root app then apply the lighter shade feathering it in with ur tint brush to your mids then use conditiona on the ends feathering ur mid colour into it with your tint brush hope this makes sense I do the back combing for a normal ombré but this is how I do it if its reverse x

Yep do the above^^ use 2 colours, not more than 2 shades apart I.e 6level and a 8 level... Keep a towel on your trolly and keep your gloves very clean !

I find doing a full head highlights ie slices in packets works really well.... It's less messy :) then the next time they need their roots doing just apply tint to the root area x

Latest posts

Back