Ombre techniques

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Helenback

Reaction score
hi all does anyone have a simple ombre technique sheet/guide for shoulder length hair. thanks😃

I'd be interested if someone did too :)

I'm interested in this too! Have done it a couple of times but I seem to take sooo long to do it and yet other people say how quick and easy it can be done!

Back brush large chunks of hair with one good, long stroke toward the root. Then apply your color product to the ends that hang beyond the back brushing.

Back brush large chunks of hair with one good, long stroke toward the root. Then apply your color product to the ends that hang beyond the back brushing.

This is what I do..
Do you apply bleach with 10vol to mid length and with 20vol to ends? Or Lift all to same level and tone with 2 different shades?
Do you do all at the basin?! X

I do the same but put in foil to develop,

I attempted it in foils once but feel that it's a very visual process and therefore foils didn't work well for me.. Because foils take longer - it made it more difficult having to constantly keep going back to check on what I'd already done x

thanks all, this client also needs brown on roots so would this be done first then bleach applied to rest while tint is still on? 😀

thanks all, this client also needs brown on roots so would this be done first then bleach applied to rest while tint is still on? 😀

If the client is only having root retouch, do the roots first and has its developing I would back comb inch beneath root resection and then bleach up ends. If the ends are ready before roots just rinse off.

It's all in the mixture... Bleach and 40 volume mixed very thick.

I had my whole head done like a sandwich! I was about a 7.3 full head colour with virgin roots. I had 5.0 on roots and extra 3 inches down the head smudged in to a 7.0 to just passed my ears. Then had the ends back combed, pre lightner added then Toned at back wash to a 9. A bit like a full head colour using 3 colours :) xx

Be careful when you apply the colour to back combed hair as the colour can end up higher up on one side than the other!!

Latest posts

Back