Omg 9% & 12%

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taralass

The Tan Room
Reaction score
started using OMG this week and customers that normally have LA and Brownbitz are really not happy.

The tan doesnt seem to be holding like it should do....and yes they are all preping correctly. They are regular and come every other wk.

After 18 tans this wk 9 of them have fedback that they dont like the solution and want to go back to the others.

Has anyone else experienced this?

The 12% is also very orange looking. :sad:

What was it that made you try changing to OMG in the first place, by the way? Just being nosey while we wait for others to reply :p I can't really respond to your question because I've never used this solution personally.

I did find omg clung to some areas more than other solutions, so not a great wash off and yes a higher % does go orangey, switch back, you've tried, it didn't work out, it's not you it's the solution (it can work great on some people but overall not the best).

loads of people have said OMG has bad fade off, i tryed it but didnt like it, love brown bitz over la tan, but both are nice.x:D

I'd go back to what the clients prefer, I havnt tried it myself but I've seen in on a client and my first thought was they don't call it omg for no reason lol!x

I had the same problems with omg. It didn't fade well and was quite orange, especially the 12%. My clients were not happy with it either and I got very little repeat business while I was using it. I've actually still got 3 litres of it left but can't use it its that bad. What a waste! I use suntana now and everyone loves it. Just wondering what made u swirh to omg? X

Thanks girls! not just me then. I only decided to try it as it was on offer, Think i will stick to LA and Brownbitz x

ARGH! I was going to buy this brand pretty soon!
Gotta find another one now....gosh guys lol

don't let the above put you off Hun, get some samples & try for yourself.
I personally didn't like it, but others love omg.
I've used tans that I liked but others didn't so just because one doesnt like it doesnt mean you won't. good luck deciding x

I'm from hair but have used omg and it was bloody awful as I'm a paley and probably the palest person to tan ( think Sophie Ellis bexter) it faded off terrible and I was orange :( oompa loops style xx

if you had never used a quality product you may think OMG is ok. But I found it very poor. It is orangey and the fade off made me look like an orange snake.

I have found it awful!!! I have various different % you have to be VERY careful to not use a colour that is too far from thier natural or it does go orange! I have some half cast clients that have found 12% brilliant! But my very fair clients look awful with a 9%. I will never use OMG again... that is for sure lol I love the smells and that is about it!!
Why did you change from LA tan... apart form the packaging sucks ;-p

Its quite unusual to hear you are having problems with the 12%.. :/ i use the 12% quite alot and it is one of the most popular sellers with Tanning technicians.
Most people that do have problems with the tan come to me for advise and help. Normally its sorted out there and then over the telephone. It may not be something your doin or your machine it maybe down to the client.
I have a OMG Tan everyweek 16-20%. The only way i have ever had patchyness is if i have tanned over old tan. if the skin is being preped properly then you should not be getting these issues. The 9% is not orange at all. The solution is olive based so the way you are gettin g the orange effect with such a low percentage is weird.

Admitidly.. OMG works for some and doesnt work for others.. Thats the same with every tanning brand. Its all down to personal opinion and what your clients want.

If you need any help then ask me.

betsy

Hi I've used OMG for a while now and really like it, I have also used xen tan and st tropez before.

I use the 9% and the 12% and never had any problems, they smell great and ive never found anyone looks orange!

I think tan is definitely down to personal preference and what look your clients want, I say always try something and make your own judgement as to whether it's right for you and your clients. X

Everi1 is soo quick t jump on the band waggon of this tan! I personally love it and so do ma clients.. There's millionz of reviews on this tan and its all mixed views! Try it and if u dnt like fair enuff!

Dnt be sheeps! What works for you, doesn't work for sum1 else! :)

Omg is my medium/dark a tan.. And I use fresh indulgence 7.5% for a light tan! This is nice stuff too!

I love omg we use 9, 12, 16 and 20, all our clients love it, my daughter has 20% vanilla all the time and its a lovely deep brown, had no complaints x

I use omg on all my clients and they love it! Had nothing but positive feedback from it :) and I recommend omg to anyone! It's a great tan :)

Latest posts

Back