OMG dont clients/friends drive you NUTS!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Years ago when I first started out, I tried both mobile and salon. Until.........back to back, I had two l&p clients, who were friends, that wouldn't permit me in their homes to do their enhancements because of the odor and the dust. I had to do their enhancements OUTSIDE in the sweltering heat. Florida in July is hot as HELL!

Then there was the elderly lady, a friend's mom, who upon seeing me through the peep hole in her door wouldn't let me in saying, "You ain't Tammie Swain? I thought you was white." Seriously. WTF?!

Stick a fork in me. I'm done.

hahaha old women...
This reminded me of when I worked in the hairdressers...we had a batty old lady who lived on her own come regularly on a thursday, she had the same hairdresser and basicly the hairdresser would only book her in at the end of the day because the old woman would turn up vaguely around the hour she booked in...whether that be early or late... then she would never sit down to wait with a coffee etc she had to be seen THERE & THEN... always a complete nightmare

Years ago when I first started out, I tried both mobile and salon. Until.........back to back, I had two l&p clients, who were friends, that wouldn't permit me in their homes to do their enhancements because of the odor and the dust. I had to do their enhancements OUTSIDE in the sweltering heat. Florida in July is hot as HELL!

Then there was the elderly lady, a friend's mom, who upon seeing me through the peep hole in her door wouldn't let me in saying, "You ain't Tammie Swain? I thought you was white." Seriously. WTF?!

In fairness I'd rather be forced outside in florida than forced outside in the oh so sunny Essex :) lol x

Did the old lady let you in eventually!? :o x

These are so funny reminds me of an old lady I used to know when i was a junior stylist, she always wore the same outfit, we called them her going outside clothes" too dressy for the hairdressers, & she was miserable we used to ask her how she was to get the same reply every time, " still alive " in a really miserable voice, it was funny, then after she moaned and wriggled the whole time at the backwash she handed you a 10p tip! Then we had the coughing, gagging one but that's too awful for words lol

lol old people are so abrupt with what they say. i used to have a black bob and i had an old lady who was convinced i was part indian, i'm not, i'm white, along with every other person in my family, she even asked if i was adopted. which i'm not ha x

Did the old lady let you in eventually!? :o x

No. She asked her son what would her neighbors think if she let a "house nig**r" in her home.

He told his mom I was 1/2 spanish and 1/2 native american indian. She said "Brown is brown. A nig**r is a nig**r and she ain't white." LOL

No. She asked her son what would her neighbors think if she let a "house nig**r" in her home.

He told his mom I was 1/2 spanish and 1/2 native american indian. She said "Brown is brown. A nig**r is a nig**r and she ain't white." LOL

Oh my god!
I had a client the other day who said she'd recently moved here because her boyfriend couldn't deal with the racism in their old area!
I couldn't believe it I said to her I didn't even think there were places still like that anymore!
She said it was so bad that when the kids at the school picked on their kids there was nothing they could do as the teachers were just as bad!

I'd love to be half Spanish! Sounds very exotic and I could do with some colour Im pretty much transparent x

lol old people are so abrupt with what they say. i used to have a black bob and i had an old lady who was convinced i was part indian, i'm not, i'm white, along with every other person in my family, she even asked if i was adopted. which i'm not ha x

LOL the word "convinced" just made me imagine a little old lady TELLING you she KNOWS your part Indian lol x

LOL the word "convinced" just made me imagine a little old lady TELLING you she KNOWS your part Indian lol x

haha and she will think it till the day she dies!!! x

Old people, I tell ya'....I had to ask what a "house nig**r" was. Racism. Alive and well in Plant City, FL! But what can you expect from a town that crowns an Onion Queen and a Strawberry Queen every year. LOL

I'd love to be half Spanish! Sounds very exotic and I could do with some colour Im pretty much transparent x

I get very dark in the summer. That's probably why she wouldn't let me in, come to think of it. LOL

haha and she will think it till the day she dies!!! x

I think i'd wait after say...2 years of treating her and being told I'm Indian and say "okay you got me I am really!" lol x

Old people, I tell ya'....I had to ask what a "house nig**r" was. Racism. Alive and well in Plant City, FL! But what can you expect from a town that crowns an Onion Queen and a Strawberry Queen every year. LOL

I was actually going to ask you what the hell a "house ni**er" is!
Never heard of that in my life!

Hmm an onion and strawberry queen...?
Lol that's cracked me up I can just see a girl with a beauty pageant sash saying "onion queen" tiara and all :) paha x

I'll see if I can find a pic for ya'. LOL

Couldn't find the Onion Queen, but here's the lame Strawberry Queen:

gr8nailz-albums-strawberry+queen-picture38138-2011-queen-small.jpg

See the strawberry on her arm. LOL

I can only imagine how rude it is! Can't believe the nerve of some people!!
And oh no the pic is coming up! Will log I to pc later and have a look as I really want to see it haha x

I think I'd be bit embarrassed if I went around bragging about being queen of the vegetables! x

Latest posts

Back