Omg have you seen that 10 minute lightener ad with Claudia Schiffer!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The companies justify themselves by saying it gives consumers choice. I got a merc out of fixing sodded up colours so I'm not against them.

The companies justify themselves by saying it gives consumers choice. I got a merc out of fixing sodded up colours so I'm not against them.

I suppose in a way it encourages to keep our game up...its just like a rival salon...of we had no competitors then where would the motivation come from?

still bugs me though...and i dont have a merc :irked:

Hello, I had a client that had been using pantene and hairspray every day for seven years!! I had to wash it numerouse times with clarifying shampoo, there where like white balls of build up coming out of the hair like if you combed it, then there would be white sticky goo all over the comb. That was the worst I have seen in regards to shampoo the hair underneath was horrid, had not had any conditioner on it for years as it was so coated in platic nothing could get through, there was no convincing her though and no she never did come back.....GROSE!!!! And yes I love colour corrections bring on the orange lol xxxx

Isnt there one flogging head and shoulders at the mo? I use that to remove colour! Cleans the drains nicely too.

Persianista I haven't seen that ad yet so .... be nice and :sad: don't tell me the celebs name otherwise I will go right off whoever that Celeb is :lol:
plus their credibility will go right down the drain for me along with that awful slimy shampoo they try and flog ,
I also hate head and shoulders (such gross slimy stuff) and when they say with conditioner , I think oh yeah :eek: most of it will all get washed out again and leaves the hair with greasy roots and dry ends,
people are kidded to wash their hair with it, leaving the mid lengths and with no proper conditioner and no proper protection,

but hey ho I'll probably see it soon .... but for now it's back to minky land
with Professional bubbles all the way :)

I didn't know Head & Shoulders will strip colour, I'm gonna use it now cos my hair is slightly too dark at the minute.

What do you's mean by "Herbal Essence-y" hair? Like residue?

I just hate that no matter how much you shampoo herbal essence out of someones hair, you can still smell it.

If you wanna strip colour, head and shoulders, johnsons baby shampoo, or fairy liquid. Use at your own peril though, condition with a good quality comditioner.

I feel sick even thinking about it. :mad:

Urgh I hate Herbal Essence hate Head & Shoulders infact I hate most of the crap that's on the high street. My friends take the mick (non hair pros I might add !) cos I spend the best part of 20 quid on a bottle of shampoo but when you compare quality believe me it's worth it

I wouldn't be paying out to use Redken and pureology at the backbar if it wasn't worth using good stuff! You can get cheap shampoo by the gallon at the wholesalers if you don't care what you use.

:eek::eek:ugh that stuff at sallys in the huuuuuuge bottles makes me feel sick. my old boss used to buy that and fill up the Wella SP bottle with it at the backwash...

I may not be a snob about a lot of things but I am defo a hair snob. I will never ever use pantene etc in my hair, nor will I ever colour it with flaming Garnier Nutrisse or the likes cos Davina told me to, or Eva Longoria convinced me she was bored one night so decided to do her highlights herself. :eek:

I had to do a correction after that particular kit was used. Poor woman came in looking like a tabby cat. Nasty amount of breakage to contend with too.

If only people would understand those kits are only good if u want to end up looking like a marmalade cat.

Are people really stupid enough to think she does her own colour out of a box in her bathroom?

Sadly Yes - it's why they keep on doing it. Do we really think that Beverly C uses Head & Shoulders or that Nadine Baggott uses Olays Regeneris - it's all hype as we clearly know, but it sells product to the masses who happily buy their beauty treats in the supermarket.

I will never allow that to happen to the brands I represent!:!::idea:

I wasn't gonna upset Minky by telling her that Beverly Cobella has sold her soul to the devil that is head and shoulders!

Bet they don't use that crud in Cobella aqua tho!

Would you like some slime on your hair today modom? heh heh

would you like to smell like a toilet at the motorway service more like!!!!!!

puke

would you like to smell like a toilet at the motorway service more like!!!!!!

puke

:Scared: :biggrin: :Scared: :biggrin: :Scared: :biggrin:

I never thought of it like that but I think you're right. It is apparently still - the most bought shampoo in the world!

It's good for stripping paint...:p:p:p:p

Just a shame it perpetuates dandruff problems, makes Kim puke, removes colour from hair, and swells the cuticle enough to perm with it.

But apart from that..........

I wouldn't be paying out to use Redken and pureology at the backbar if it wasn't worth using good stuff! You can get cheap shampoo by the gallon at the wholesalers if you don't care what you use.

Pureology is what I use. Worth every penny !

Corr girls I was just having my breakfast and was laughing so much I nearly choked!

I'm a beauty therapist so have no idea about hair and have to say I having been going to my hairdresser for the last 15 years who I trust absolutely. It was her who told me to ditch the 'high street designer' shampoos and I now use Kerestaise I think that's how you spell it. I use the shampoo conditioner and thermal heat protector and my hair's condition has improved so much. I am always gobsmacked when people just put any old rubbish on their hair and expect to look like a million dollars (perhaps they want to look green and crumpled) Great thread though!:biggrin:

Latest posts

Back