OMG! It's a white french!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VHunter

Reaction score
OMG It's a white french!
"I" did a white french
:lol:
I know... I rant how I hate them... and got stuck doing some anyhow hehe

Alrighty... lemme have it! Critique away.
I'm aware of a few probs myself, but will let you pick them apart.
Basically, do you see improvement from 12mths ago?
That's what I'm looking for.

Those in the pic to be 'critiqued' are NNO on a newbie.
I've attached another angle of that one, and one more french I did over the holidays (also an NNO).

Looking forward (in trepidation of nailzoo happening along lol) to all of your critiques so I can improve.

YES there is a tad bit of art. Can't get away from it. Don't have a single client that goes without and since it's sealed under the gloss.... can't take a pic before it's added.

THANKS in advance:hug:

ps: be straight, but please be gentle:lol:
Pss: the first one had a soak-off immediately before and didn't wash all the residue off her fingers (pharmacy glue-on nails), that's what the mess is. She was in a rush and planned on a shower when she got home to get the rest.

IMG_5693FRNNO.jpg

IMG_5459TracyWhtFrPoinsettia.jpg

PS Again: The first is with white gel, the 2nd is with white polish sealed under the gloss.

52 views and no constructive critique:cry:

I think they are beautiful. I love a french! :)

hi victoria, i think they look lovely but if you want me to be really picky is that abit of product touching the skin on the middle finger? and a few of your corners look slightly more rounded than others eg the middle finger more rounded than the ring finger
i think the length is good as are your smile lines and they are nice and flush at the cuticle.
i feel like im being really cheeky saying these things when my work is not perfect them selves and please forgive if these things are not correct and it is just a trick of the photo.xxx
p.s i love your nail art and i wish i could do a french as good as you with polish.x

Hey
I like your smile lines on both pics, the art is lovely, the nails are a nice length and Id be happy to walk away with a fullset.

So the question that I would like to know is do you like doing white french or are these one offs?

Sue x

hi victoria, i think they look lovely but if you want me to be really picky is that abit of product touching the skin on the middle finger? and a few of your corners look slightly more rounded than others eg the middle finger more rounded than the ring finger
i think the length is good as are your smile lines and they are nice and flush at the cuticle.
i feel like im being really cheeky saying these things when my work is not perfect them selves and please forgive if these things are not correct and it is just a trick of the photo.xxx
p.s i love your nail art and i wish i could do a french as good as you with polish.x

You are FAR from being cheeky. You have eyes in your head and you know what to look for:green: We don't have to be Masters to be able to offer critique. Just have a good eye. :hug:

Yes, I noticed the same with the corners, some of that is due to her nno's that she didn't want me 'evening out' too much, and part is due to my own error. Yes, I noticed that product afterward. It's the gloss that ran, and I missed it when I inspected them.:o

Hey
I like your smile lines on both pics, the art is lovely, the nails are a nice length and Id be happy to walk away with a fullset.

So the question that I would like to know is do you like doing white french or are these one offs?

Sue x

THANKS to both of you:!:

As for the 'white' french. It's not so much the French that I object to. It's that it's White. People all have different hair, different cars, different decor in their homes: NOTHING drives me crazier than seeing people walking around with the SAME nails:lol: I also love setting mself apart from the NSS in town by offering MORE & BETTER than what they do and making sure client's nails don't resemble them in the least.

It's not that I can't appreciate a well executed french. I personally LOVE the one Geeg did for a solar oil campaign with her custom blended white that DOES look natural. BEAUTIFUL:!:

I just can't stand the 'fake' white that people say is natural but is so far from:rolleyes:.

Thanks again!!

Fan shaped nails are not the easiest to do and of course white only accentuates the wideness at the tip of this type of nail. Having said all that, these nails are looking pretty natural and I like the length of them better than the set with the red nail art.

I think the angle of the middle finger is distorting the look of it somewhat. Photographing your work is a tricky business believe me and sometimes the camera CAN lie! All in all this is a nice set which I prefer to the look of so many that look like a set of dentures!! :lol: Good work.

Well, I don't really feel qualified to comment but on the first set you already said about the corners but everytime I look at the middle nail I want to take the sidewall in a little. On the second set, the middle finger, I dont know what it is but it looks like I can see the well of a tip? The line of light stops right where I see it. I can also see the edge of the product around the cuticle area on a couple, that could be the picture, or it could just be a fine grade file would buff those in.

:hug::hug:

:eek: I wasn't trying to do 'fans' :cry:
They're supposed to be 'squoval' (aka square with rounded corners).

Or did you mean her natural nails are fanned? (I thought that they were too, but then thought maybe it was just me?)

Thanks heeps Geeg, sincerely!:hug:

And yes... taking pics is tricky! Sometimes I take a pic and go 'hmmm the nail doesn't look like that':irked:... Especially with my clients (3 of them to be exact) who have EXTREMELY sharp natural c-curves and very high natural apexes.... I find that they're hardest to take pics of, that give a true representation of what I did.

:eek: I wasn't trying to do 'fans' :cry:
They're supposed to be 'squoval' (aka square with rounded corners).

Or did you mean her natural nails are fanned? (I thought that they were too, but then thought maybe it was just me?)

Thanks heeps Geeg, sincerely!:hug:

And yes... taking pics is tricky! Sometimes I take a pic and go 'hmmm the nail doesn't look like that':irked:... Especially with my clients (3 of them to be exact) who have EXTREMELY sharp natural c-curves and very high natural apexes.... I find that they're hardest to take pics of, that give a true representation of what I did.

I meant you were doing nails on her nails which are fan shaped!! :lol:

I tell myself the camera lies because every time someone takes a photo of me I'm sure I'm not as fat or as ugly as I think I look in most of them. :lol: If it lies about me then it often does about nails too.

Neither does all that oil help when trying to critique. Put it on and then wipe it off before you shoot the pic.

Ohhhh ok, PHEEEEEEEEEEW lol Here I was in a panic that you (the queen of nails) thought they were fan shaped:lol:

Yes, definately the camera lies!!!! (hey, if it makes me feel better and you, why not? ROFL)

Ok, will remember that re: the oil :green:

Thanks again!

thanks victoria.:)
some of my cients are the same when they have nno in that they dont always want you to correct something.
i agree with you about the white thing i do find it quite boring and like you said its about leting your clients know the difference between you and a nss and about the different things they could have.
i also prefer the length of the first set even though i do also like long nails,its just in some cases long nails dont suit everyone with everyones nails being different.
they are a lovely set of nails that i would be more than happy with.
thanks for sharing.xx

Latest posts

Back