OMG - Removal of clients extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larnie

Reaction score
Had a new client last night for a removal and manicure. What a nightmare!!!!

I use a quick soak bowl from NSI and normal takes me about 1 hour to remove and do a mini-manicure. But last night, I soaked for 10 mins and when I took them out there was no change at all, so I filed them down a bit and soaked for another 10 mins, it did help but in the end but took nearly 2.5 hours to take them off.

Also, her nails were so weak underneath one of the little nails split all the way across her nail and bleed (quite low down as well). It was horrible the whole thing made me feel sick, trying not to file the natural nail at all not to cause any more damage, having to leave a little bit of acrylic on some nails as I just didnt dare file any more.

The client did say that she hadn't been to the original tech before (in the uk not here) and that she did file the actual nail alot before hand.

Any ideas what sort of acrylic was used and how I couldnt have maybe done a bit better.

Well this is possibly one of two things - a non porous uv gel, or the dreaded MMA, as both are not effective with a soak off removal! Given the amount of nail damage it is probably the latter, particularly if it had a very fishy smell when you filed over it. As you had removed the product thre wasn't a huge amount you could do except get her in for a course of manicures and give her home care advice and wait for the damage to grow out.

*sings the little ditty* Methyl-methacrylate

Well this is possibly one of two things - a non porous uv gel, or the dreaded MMA, as both are not effective with a soak off removal! Given the amount of nail damage it is probably the latter, particularly if it had a very fishy smell when you filed over it. As you had removed the product thre wasn't a huge amount you could do except get her in for a course of manicures and give her home care advice and wait for the damage to grow out.
I think I'm with Sass on this one, could well be a non soak gel as even MMA will give a little, given time....did it go a bit gluey and stingy at all or did it just not do anything and you had to file the lot off?

Does sound like MMA. The nails have to be etched quite alot for the creation to take to the nail. In this case I would either recomend a course of manicures or perhaps apply a very thin short overlay until the damage has grown out. You can still add polish and art to help x x

Latest posts

Back