OMG!!! Scrubfresh/cuticle remover new product used all gone very,wrong

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cait

CND EA. Essie Spokesperson
Reaction score
:cry::cry:
I went on hols..... Murphys law and it all went t*t*s up!!

I did 4 clients nails the week I left and within a week ALL had broken, lifted disaster nails. The only thing I used differently was cuticle remover which after using the pro pusher I remover carefully with scrubfresh! BOTH the cuticle remover and Scrubfresh were new ..
After the scrubfresh I prepped as per usual and primed as per usual and carried on - could the acetone in the scrubfresh have broken down the gel? over time???

To be honest I think something has gone wrong with the scrubfresh as everyone had cracks in the middle of the nails not only lifting at the back... this has never happened before and it is soooo embarrassing as I was away on hols these poor people had to go around with dreadful nails!!!
Lesson learned ''never try a new product when leaving the country for more than a week....!''

Every one had to go to a different salon and I think I have lost one customer as although sympathetic (I rang everyone when I heard what happened to the first client just to be sure I was proactive) she now wants to go back to natural manicures as the gel nails cracked and then her natural nails ripped... BOO HOO!!! (loss in earnings)

Im so embarassed and upset
Can anyone explain or suggest what has gone on cause Im totally at a loss

When you use Cuticle Remover you need to remove it with a Citru-soak/water solution otherwise you will get lifting.

When using Scrubfresh after blending tips make sure you don't touch the tip with the Scrubfresh as it contains acetone and will split/crack the tips.

hth's a bit

I'm glad I read this post! I had no idea Scrubfresh contained Acetone! I've learned something new today.

When you use Cuticle Remover you need to remove it with a Citru-soak/water solution otherwise you will get lifting.

When using Scrubfresh after blending tips make sure you don't touch the tip with the Scrubfresh as it contains acetone and will split/crack the tips.

hth's a bit

As meatloaf says " you took the words right out of my mouth" :wink2: lol

I'm glad I read this post! I had no idea Scrubfresh contained Acetone! I've learned something new today.

thats half of what it is... heres a break down for you :)

[FONT=CenturyGothic,Bold]
ISOPROPANOL <50.0%
ACETONE < 50.0%
BUTYL ACETATE < 1.0%
PROPYLPARABEN < 1.0%
METHYLPAPABEN < 1.0%
BUTYLPARABEN < 1.0%
ISOPROPYLPARABEN < 1.0%
ISOBUTYLPARABEN < 1.0%

So as you can see its pretty much just a 50:50 mix of Iso Alcohol and Acetone.​
[/FONT]

:cry::cry:
I went on hols..... Murphys law and it all went t*t*s up!!

I did 4 clients nails the week I left and within a week ALL had broken, lifted disaster nails. The only thing I used differently was cuticle remover which after using the pro pusher I remover carefully with scrubfresh! BOTH the cuticle remover and Scrubfresh were new ..
After the scrubfresh I prepped as per usual and primed as per usual and carried on - could the acetone in the scrubfresh have broken down the gel? over time???

To be honest I think something has gone wrong with the scrubfresh as everyone had cracks in the middle of the nails not only lifting at the back... this has never happened before and it is soooo embarrassing as I was away on hols these poor people had to go around with dreadful nails!!!
Lesson learned ''never try a new product when leaving the country for more than a week....!''

Every one had to go to a different salon and I think I have lost one customer as although sympathetic (I rang everyone when I heard what happened to the first client just to be sure I was proactive) she now wants to go back to natural manicures as the gel nails cracked and then her natural nails ripped... BOO HOO!!! (loss in earnings)

Im so embarassed and upset
Can anyone explain or suggest what has gone on cause Im totally at a loss

You state that you use EzFlow products in your profile?
You haven't used these products with EzFlow have you?
If so then you will have problems as you have to dry prep with EzFlow.
Or have you changed to Creative and not updated your profile? (If so then sorry I may be wrong)
hth

thats half of what it is... heres a break down for you :)

[FONT=CenturyGothic,Bold]ISOPROPANOL <50.0%[/FONT]
[FONT=CenturyGothic,Bold]ACETONE < 50.0%[/FONT]
[FONT=CenturyGothic,Bold]BUTYL ACETATE < 1.0%[/FONT]
[FONT=CenturyGothic,Bold]PROPYLPARABEN < 1.0%[/FONT]
[FONT=CenturyGothic,Bold]METHYLPAPABEN < 1.0%[/FONT]
[FONT=CenturyGothic,Bold]BUTYLPARABEN < 1.0%[/FONT]
[FONT=CenturyGothic,Bold]ISOPROPYLPARABEN < 1.0%[/FONT]
[FONT=CenturyGothic,Bold]ISOBUTYLPARABEN < 1.0%[/FONT]

[FONT=CenturyGothic,Bold]So as you can see its pretty much just a 50:50 mix of Iso Alcohol and Acetone.[/FONT]
The CND line is formulated to work with these chemicals- the parabens are preservatives and antibacterial agents. They will cause lifting when used with any other line.

Hi!

Yup - now it makes sense

a) I did not remove cuticle remover with ciitrusoak
b) I used the scrubfresh with Cesaers line (not Creative)

so not surprisingly it al went upsidedown and had disasterous effects!! :irked:

Oh well ... looks like I need to do a little more advertising now as I am not sure that those customers will stick with me but lets see - I think Ill print this out to show them that it was indeed a total chemical bomb that I concocted and not shoddy application . I have also offered to redo all clients for free.

OK! Thanks everyone again for your support!

Cait xxx

You can use cuticle remover without fear as long as you remove it from nails either with citrus soak as said, or with any other soap and water.

I'm wondering if someone can clear something up for me.....?

Obviously you use Scrubfresh when prepping and after removing shine etc.

Then for example you go on and tip.... now after you've created a little dust and what not from blending the tip, I was told in my training to scrubfresh again. I've been doing this over the tip also, which from reading this post sounds like I'm doing a very wrong thing!

Even in my Creative training folder, there is a picture in the tipping section with someone with a hands down pad applying something to the nail and tip straight after the blending. However there are no words to support it!

I now understand the theory behind not doing it (makes perfect sense actually), but the question is, apart from brushing the dust away, how do you make sure that the nail plate / tip are clean for product application?

Any ideas guys?!?!

Thanks!

L-J

I'm wondering if someone can clear something up for me.....?

Obviously you use Scrubfresh when prepping and after removing shine etc.

Then for example you go on and tip.... now after you've created a little dust and what not from blending the tip, I was told in my training to scrubfresh again. I've been doing this over the tip also, which from reading this post sounds like I'm doing a very wrong thing!

Even in my Creative training folder, there is a picture in the tipping section with someone with a hands down pad applying something to the nail and tip straight after the blending. However there are no words to support it!

I now understand the theory behind not doing it (makes perfect sense actually), but the question is, apart from brushing the dust away, how do you make sure that the nail plate / tip are clean for product application?

Any ideas guys?!?!

Thanks!

L-J

Hi,
I use creatives enhancements products but use the NSI Plush Brush to remove any dust after tipping ( brilliant brush I wouldn't be without) and then apply Scrubfresh to the nail plate only using a cotton bud to get down the side walls and to ensure no contact with tha tip. hth x

After tipping and blending, remove dust with a dust brush, then put a very small amount of Scrubfresh on to a lint free pad, use it on the natural nail only, never on the tips.

hth's

Thanks so much!

I tell you what, you don't learn just one thing new every day on this site, you learn a lot of new things!

Latest posts

Back