OMG -spray tanners help!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ngawler10

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

a friend of mine is doing me a spray tan tomorrow and she uses OMG.

i myself use suntana on clients and on myself would use the dark 12% chocolate normally as i like the dark look!! (havent yet tried the new 14%). However for this particular occassion (my boyfriends posh works do i want to keep it looking dark but natural so would use the suntana 10% if i was using that)

im not familiar with the OMG spray tan and was wondering what you would use on my skin for as i want it to be dark but natural??

I have a light natural tan and i do tan well in the sun.

ADVICE PLEASE :) X X

To be honest I would steer clear of OMG if you are after a natural look. Sorry I know that's not what you want to hear. The 9% is a nice colour but not dark but I find the 12% very orange and my clients don't like it either. Could your friend not spray you with your own solution? I use Suntana too and find it much more natural looking than OMG.

i did ask but she said she would rather not use products she doesnt know etc etc :(, its frustrating as i need it done evening time and cos of all the rain were having id rather not have it done at a shop n then have to walk to my car as it will get ruined anyway iv tried some mobile tanners in my area n wasnt keen. x

I was going to say the same thing, can't your friend spray you with your solution? X

We posted at same time, ha x

oh dear i really dont know what to do im going to feel soo guilty if i cancel (doesnt help she works in mac where im getting my make up done for the work do on thursday so shes going to know iv had a tan done elsewhere )

theres only a few places about in town that do it..... any comments on Xen??

its frustrating as i googled it and lots of people said its a lovely colour.

Suppose i shoulda had a try out last week.

oh dear i really dont know what to do im going to feel soo guilty if i cancel (doesnt help she works in mac where im getting my make up done for the work do on thursday so shes going to know iv had a tan done elsewhere )

theres only a few places about in town that do it..... any comments on Xen??

its frustrating as i googled it and lots of people said its a lovely colour.

Suppose i shoulda had a try out last week.

You Dont have to worrie about using the 12%, it will be perfect for skin tone as you already have a light tan and if you tan well in the sun.
Theres nothing orange about the OMG Tan. Unless you over do it! Theres lots of posts about OMG Tan and people compliment it on how natural it is. With your skin tone a 9% wouldnt make a huge difference. It would be quiet a subtle tan. I only use it for very fair/pale skin toned clients.

If your friend uses the OMG products regularly, she will be able to tell you what each solution is like and whats best for you. Going off what youve said regarding your skin tone, i would have any doubt in spraying you with a 12%!

Let us know what you choose to do!

Betsy x

Agreed Betsy... I use OMG and one of my very particular clients will only use the 12% due to how lovely and natural it is on her, her skin tone is similar to yours! She chooses this over the SinenaX I also use!

I have to say I second the orange comment for the darker %'s I use 12 or 14% in other brands but the 10% made me look rather orange and the 12 even moreso. Which is a shame as their customer support was very good and I bought a replacement spray gun from them and that was also excellent.

Thanks betsy made me feel much better!

as i havent had any experience yet with omg i was just curious on what % people would choose.

I was torn between telling her to do a 12% or 16% as i know 9 will be far too light.

I trialed the OMG and honestly I found it very fake looking with an orange tinge. Even on dark skinned clients.

thanks for all your comments :) i just dunno what to do now lol x x x

thanks for all your comments :) i just dunno what to do now lol x x x
Your best bet is to ask her to use your own solution and say it's because you want to advertise your brand by wearing it, maybe you could arange with her to do a treatment swap, you will spray her with her solution when she need a tan and her spray you. That way it will be win, win situation.

Or get someone you trust to listen to directions and get them to spray you with your stuff.

If you were near me I'd happily spray you with your own brand.

I would avoid the OMG, orange tone and a nightmare fade off. You cannot beat Sienna X and Nouvatan

See that picture to me doesnt look orangey....iv deffinately had worse!! x x

See that picture to me doesnt look orangey....iv deffinately had worse!! x x
That picture is the guide though not the actual tan you get after wash off.:wink2:

I didn't like OMG when I tried it, found it to be very orange on my model she though the fade off was bad too.

this isnt my facebook so im not too sure if i can share it ect.. but this woman uses OMG and has pictures of the tan on her facebook

(if i cant share this then admin can you please remove it, or mail me and i'll remove it) xx

https://www.facebook.com/media/albums/?id=236137416421010

I use omg & all my clients love it, when I have one done my friend uses my solution & when I spray her I use hers on her, def ask about treatment swaps. I swap treatments with my hair dresser, eyelash extensionist & spray tanner x

Thanks again for all your comments- every1 has different perceptions etc i love suntana but others dont i personally think sienna is v. light others swear by it etc- may just even be a bad experience.... Im gonna bite the bullet n give it a go, im sure it'll be fine n them piks on that fb page look a nice colour i think:). x x

Latest posts

Back