OMG Tanning Customer Service - awful!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

unas escarlata

Reaction score
I ordered the HVLP 5008 kit with tent, solution, sticky feet etc on the web on Friday 10th June. At that time the site was saying not in stock until Monday 13th and as I had training days on 13th & 14th I called OMG and asked if I could ask for it to be sent so I would receive it on 15th as I knew I could be home. They suggested that I email this request so I did.

On 16th the machine had not arrived so I called OMG and asked what was happening and I was told I would get a call back that day. No call. I chased the next day and had a message left on my phone saying that the HVLP 5008 was not in stock yet and as a goodwill gesture, I was being "upgraded" to the HVLP 700pro "a much better machine at no extra cost". Being new to all this, I thought that was a nice gesture and took delivery the next day. The 5008 was due to come with extra cups etc but there were no extras with the 700pro. My tent was ripped and doing a tan that night it did leak so I called OMG and they sent a replacement.

I wasn't overly happy with the pickup from the gun, I had to overfill the cup as solution wasn't always coming out and it was bubbling and leaking from the top of the cup. I was using far too much product and put this down to my technique as I am very new to tanning. Some kindly geeks gave me advice about turning the nozzle down but I am still using over 100ml per tan which is far too much!! Having so many problems with the machine is making me lose my confidence, and using so much product is making me lose money!!

I spoke to someone very experienced in this field and it seems that this is not a better machine than the 5008 at all, it is what used to be referred to as the pig, made in China and renowned for going wrong, and for being rather hungry on the fluid side. I contacted OMG explaining my reasons for wanting to have my original order fulfilled and the pig returned and I was told to send an email for the attention of Sebastian who would respond same day. I sent the email outlining the problems and quite specifically stating that I had quite a few tans booked and couldn’t be without a machine. I got no response and have had to chase 6 times today I’ve explained the story so many times now that I am beginning to lose the will to live.

Today I was told my email had been sent to a Manager for their input as “you keep coming through to uniform not tanning”. I suggested that if they had people manning the phones from the tanning department perhaps customers would get a little less frustrated as their calls would be answered by someone with the right experience. The final straw came when I was told to call back before 1730 and I would be able to speak to one of the directors who had been passed my email. I received an email at 1645 from someone who didn’t give their name saying if I sent the pig back they would send me a 5008 upon receipt. I responded immediately, reiterating that I couldn’t be without a machine as I had tans booked and couldn’t turn business away. Given the problems I’d had with emails not being answered I followed up with a phone call. I was told that the people in the department I needed to speak to had all gone home and I should call back in the morning. I said I wasn’t happy at continually being fobbed off and I was put through to someone who said she’d been in training all day – so they’re lying to customers as well as they clearly hadn’t all gone home!!

I started to explain the situation and she said she knew about it and told me to check my email as she had responded. I said I had received the email but didn’t realise it was from her as she hadn’t signed it. In a rather aggressive tone she told me that she had – I HAD IT IN FRONT OF ME AND SHE DEFINITELY HADN’T!!!! She said she had responded to my email as soon as she could and they would send me a 5008 as soon as I sent the 700pro back. I reiterated that I was unable to do that as I had tans booked and couldn’t afford to turn business away. She said she had no guarantee that I would send the machine back once I had the 5008. There is no way I’d want to keep the machine even as a spare and I could reassure her that I would send it back but couldn’t do so until I had a machine to use. She asked if I could borrow someone else’s machine in the meantime but I have no-one from whom I could do that. I was trying to explain the problems I was having but she was constantly talking over me, suggesting it was my technique, she used 75ml for a tan and that if the cup was leaking I must be tipping it. I said advice I’d had said I should be able to do a tan with 45 – 50ml – she said the person who had told me that was wrong and she’d never had any issues with the 700pro and couldn’t understand what my problem was. I felt as if I was not being listened to, my problems were not being taken seriously and I was being spoken to as if I was stupid.

It was left that I would send her an email confirming that I would send the machine back once I had the 5008 and she will call me w/c 11th July when the machines are back in stock.

I am very experienced in Customer Service and there is no way I would ever speak to one of my customers in that way. I have been happy with the OMG tanning solution but they've lost my future custom because of their attitude. I have some samples to try but can't do so until I get a new machine as there's no way this 700pro will let me do a tan with 60ml sample bottles!!

We’ll see….

I do hope you get your issue sorted out but this is not really the place to do it.

No. 6 of the site rules.
Thou shalt not troll

This is not the place to bitch and moan about proper nouns (i.e. People or companies). That doesn't mean that you can't debate, question or raise a valid point. It means that I don't want to see threads about how x,y or z sucks. See this article on constructively trolling to complain the right way. - Article http://www.salongeek.com/how-do-stuff-site/26524-happy-trolling.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back