OMG! think i forgot the bonder!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaffacake

Malamute Geek!
Reaction score
I just did my first set of NSI balance extensions on a client. She came to me through a friend who was treating her for her birthday.... I cant remember if i used bonder on her first hand? (did them one at a time) I know i used it on the other hand as it suddenly came to me in a wave of panick as i was just finishing the first hand off!! I had it out on the table but dont remember opening it?
If i did forget it will the gel just fall off? I didnt charge her much as she was being a guinea pig but i would hate that to happen as im hoping she will recomend me. Of course i didnt mention it to her just keeping my fingers crossed at the moment!

If she returns with lifting problems on that hand first, then hey presto there's your answer! We all make silly mistakes when we are new to the job (and I think I'll feel new for several years yet!) Come clean with your client if necessary, I have found that clients have more confidence in my ability than I do! If she has had lifting problems then at least you have a good reason to explain to her why and I'm sure you'd both have a laugh.

I have forgotten to use primer a few times in the past, and to tell you the truth.....nothing happened!! I mean that the client came back and there were no problems! You'd be surprised how things turn out. Try not to worry to much, call her back in a few days, and ask her how the nails are holding up. IF they are lifting, I don't think it'd be more than usual.

I remember doing exactly the same when I first went self employed. I was doing glittered L&P and on the final nail on the first hand I remember I hadn't used the primer. I remember feeling very hot and panicky, then asked the customer would she mind on the next hand if I used a new product that supposedly gives extra bonding! The customer didnt mind and came back for her infills three wks later telling me the new product didn't make any difference-fewwwww! We all make mistakes!

That makes me feel a lot better! Hopefully nothing will happen then. If they do lift i will just have to re-do them and not charge and hopefully this will teach me a lesson for the future! lol
Thanks you guys

I've done this a couple of times, there are so many bottles etc that at some point I'm going to forget to use one of them! I just hope and pray at that point!! J xx

Latest posts

Back