On holiday and hating it!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have just had it out with my other half's friend and he got really funny with me and his wife was nasty to me too.

I'm waking up with nose bleeds every morning ( i never had nose bleeds before) as it's soo dry here and thought of spending time in a mud hut with no air con does not appeal to me :-/

It doesn't have wifi either in the huts lol

My partner is too drunk to support me.

Am feeling the love from salon geek though, and thank you everyone for your supportive messages xxx

:sad: ... on the plus side (if there is one), at least you have access to a computer, t'internet and Geeks for moral support.

Thank god for the IPod and wifi as need a bit of moral support at the mo :-D

Do you drink? Just a thought, get peed and REALLY enjoy your hol, he will prob book you somewhere quick smart if you seem to be enjoying it too much :)

I wish I did drink lol

Couldn't not reply - lots of hugs and love to you. I'd be getting him to drop me at a hotel near the airport or flying home. What a selfish.....! Hugs x

Oh dear :( they sound very selfish, is there a reason they haven't seen each other for 38 years? Hopefully everyone will see sense in the morning.

If not, seriously can you book yourself in a hotel? Xx

Agree with others, I would deffinately get him to get me to the airport and get home.
Are you married to this man? Some posts say husband, but you said partner... Therefore, do you live with him??
If not, would go home and lock the door and make him do a bit more than grovelling! He has shown you no support at all. I understand that he has not seen his friend for a long time, but, a couple of extra days would have been one thing. I certainly wouldn't be spending my time with these so called friends!

Any decent person would be taking into account your holiday plans before trying to hijack them!! And inviting you to join them should have been done with both of you agreeing, or they should have stepped back politely and not tried to damage your relationship further!

Sounds to me though, like they deserve each other!!

So sorry that you have found yourself in this situation!! xx "hugs"

If I wasn't happy and my OH wasn't listening or considering me, I'd be on the next plane out of there..... Life's too short to put up with crap xx

I feel you need to get yourself into a decent safe hotel and agree to meet up after he has done with his friends. Then sort things out between you when you get home. If he is going to be a permanent long term partner then he needs to think about how things affect both of you. A relationship needs give and take on both sides to make it work. You have already given some of your holiday up for him, now he needs to give some up for you. Simples. Big hugs to you. Hope you get sorted out.

He said as he's paying I don't get say where we stay:-(

Grrrr. This seriously pisses me off, girl! :evil: You're a much better woman than me. As soon as he closed his eyes, I'd bash his head in with a bat!!

I wish he'd respect the fact that you're his OTHER HALF. If he takes that fact seriously that you are 1/2 of himself, would he treat himself like he treats you? I doubt it.

No one wants to feel like their feelings don't matter. Especially by someone who's supposed to love them.

Last edited:
Jeez there must be something in the water! My husband is lucky he's still married after his selfishness and nastiness last week.
I really feel for you as well.... Do you have a credit card etc? Just book yourself into a nice hotel and have the rest in luxury....and peace without him haha Xxx

Stupidly left my CC at home :-(

We were suppose to leave today to spend a night at a luxury elephant ranch as a softener for me ( my partner offered last night) on the way to our mud hut however my partners F&&&&&@ friend now wont drive us as wants to stay where we are and do NOTHING

I have been here 7 days and all I've seen is donkeys, cows, goats and horses all of which can be found in merry old England

Not one safari

I wake up every morning to sound of donkeys, don't get me wrong I'm not a donkey hater i love them, but it's not what I had in mind of seeing everyday when I've made the effort to travel half way around the world and took unpaid leave for.

Last edited:
He said as he's paying I don't get say where we stay:-(

Seriously? If my partner said that to me my response to him would make the front page of the news!

Have you got a friend back home with access to your credit card? Family member with a spare key?

I hope your holiday improves xx

It got a real ear full just now at breakfast and his mate has scarpered.

I just find this so sad that we are in this beautiful country and we sat doing nothing and feeling held to ransom by someone

It a good job I've been before otherwise I

Last edited:
Have you got a friend back home with access to your credit card? Family member with a spare key?

I hope your holiday improves xx

Great idea xxx

The ironic thing is that my mum and her bf are flying back to the uk from cape town today, but I've been unable to get in contact with them to meet up somewhere and fly home with them and being in Botswana I'm too far away from them

My grandmother called me before I came over and she had spoken to them and they've had an amazing time, which upsets me even more as my time over here is being ruined

Are there no taxis or anything that will take you both where you want to go? Could you check to see what airlines have reputable taxis or tour companies that you could get somewhere else with?

What kind of friends are these people?? They sound vile.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Where we need to be is 6 hours away and there are no flights and a taxi would be too expensive!

Yes these people are vile and I'm glad there not my friends

Good lord, I feel for you, I'd be having it out with him once you get home if I was you, let him know how unfair it was to take you to such a lovely country only to spend it with a couple of really selfish people and that what's worse is that he didn't support you as a partner should when you said you wanted to leave. Hugs to you hunni, I really hope your fella grovels and apologises to you for his behaviour. Xxx

by hook or by crook i would get myself out of there!!

if id signed up for that sort of holiday it would be ok as id have been prepared but as you said you expected to be dressing up, romantic meals etc so i would not be happy!!

what does this say about your relationship if he is prepared to put you through this especially as you have said you turned down work aswell....seriously grovelling on his behalf i presume!

Latest posts

Back