One Brush - Two Monomers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SthrnComfort

Reaction score
Quick question: I have only used Retention with my brush but have been given some a sample pack of product from INM that I'd like to try out. Can I use the same brush in two different liquids? I can't afford to get a new brush at the moment. I think I read on here quite some time ago that it was ok, so long as the brush was cleaned thoroughly with the 'new' monomer before using it on nails - if that makes sense....

TIA
:)

I go by what the scientists recommend, which is to use a different brush for each different monomer. I always have followed the advice of the experts on these matters to avoid any problems with contamination.

Ideally this is what I would like to do.
Maybe I'll just have to get a new brush to trial the new product.

I look at it logically.

If you use your current brush and contaminate it with another product, which you will because you cannot avoid it, then you end up having to buy another brush anyway and have one brush that is spoiled. Buy the new brush and you won't spoil anything and have two useable brushes.

You do not have to buy a 35£ brush to trial something. Get a decent student brush and if you don't like the new product then you can use that brush for lots of other things like polish 'detailing' etc. Nothing wasted. :biggrin:

I guess I'd never looked at it like that before...thanks :)

Latest posts

Back