One client gets awful heat spikes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailedit00

Reaction score
its me again :rolleyes: Are there people who just can't have gels? I have this one client who ALWAYS has heat spikes and for her they are always unbearable and I don't know what to do with her anymore, I don't have any other clients like this and her nails arent damaged and thin they are actually quite healthy. If a client has damged nails to begin with I flash cure each finger for 5 seconds only just in the lamp, another 5 seconds half way in then do the full 30 sec cure and they are fine even if the nails are in an awful state. With this client I do this and every finger she pulls it out very quickly and says it is really bad - sometimes half way through the full cure. I use the complete INK Londond system and I am convinced over filing is not an issue and when I remove her gels (and my other clients) the nails are in good health. What can I do? are there some people who just can't have gels

Has this client ever had any other brands used on her?
If so, how did she find them?

Has this client ever had any other brands used on her?
If so, how did she find them?
No she has never had gels before :/

I tried using ink London gel but found my clients got awful heat spikes with it so stopped using it.

Perhaps try a different brand on her?

I am happy to try different brands but I don't want to buy entire systems for brands to possibly find out it is not the problem of course because it's lot of money, I'm hoping to hear from a few people if they have had this problem with INK or if anyone has had one or two clients who gels just don't work for x

I tried using ink London gel but found my clients got awful heat spikes with it so stopped using it.
Ok that's interesting, I have never heard of this problem with INK it would be interesting to know if many other people have had this problem! Or if it is due to something else, which brand do you use x

I am happy to try different brands but I don't want to buy entire systems for brands to possibly find out it is not the problem of course because it's lot of money, I'm hoping to hear from a few people if they have had this problem with INK or if anyone has had one or two clients who gels just don't work for x

Do you have a friend that does gel nails of a different brand?
Could you borrow her equipment one evening or book your client in with her?

Do you have a friend that does gel nails of a different brand?
Could you borrow her equipment one evening or book your client in with her?
no but I might try Brisa on her, I don't have it but have used it before and I have the cnd lamp, scrub fresh, d desperse and so on so I wouldn't have to buy the whole system x

Have you tried asking her to hold her hands outside but right in front of the lamp for 30 seconds before she puts her hands in? I was taught to do it and I get awful heat spikes myself. I believe I've seen Greg Salo in one of the Young nails videos on Youtube do the same. There is always heat generation when you cure gels and I'd say some people are more sensitive to heat than others. A trick I have no idea what the scientific rational behind is, bust honestly works for me, is to lightly tap your/client's fingers on top of the lamp if there is a heat spike - Nail school trick by my teacher.

The psychological factor helps if she's never had gels before and got surprised by it the first time.

I get awful heat spikes as well if I apply my gel too thick (also very thin nail plates, previous NSS salon user :oops:). A couple of my clients do as well so I tend to keep my gel applications thinner and just do more if needed.

If you get your client to put their hand just on the edge of the light for 10 seconds it should help with the heat spike, then gently move the hand fully into the light. Restart and hopefully they shouldn't have any heat spikes :)

If they do get them to tap the end of their fingers on the table and then edge their nails in again :)

I get heat spikes ... on my nails... but i just flash cure... however i purchase the cuccio trial kit from Olympia . .. and i dont get any heat spikes with that.... its the controlled levelling one... it only 10...or 20 quid... cant quite remember xxx

I got heat spikes with GlamLac, switched to OPI GelColor no spikes since.

I have a client that just loves INK on her nails the other day I tryed The Gel Bottle Inc and omg the heat spike she got from it so bad :(. So i think it just depends on the brand you use

Have you tried asking her to hold her hands outside but right in front of the lamp for 30 seconds before she puts her hands in? I was taught to do it and I get awful heat spikes myself. I believe I've seen Greg Salo in one of the Young nails videos on Youtube do the same. There is always heat generation when you cure gels and I'd say some people are more sensitive to heat than others. A trick I have no idea what the scientific rational behind is, bust honestly works for me, is to lightly tap your/client's fingers on top of the lamp if there is a heat spike - Nail school trick by my teacher.

The psychological factor helps if she's never had gels before and got surprised by it the first time.
I have got her to hold it just out of the lamp for different time frames before putting it in all the way for the full cure and she sometimes still gets it but it is severe for her I think it feels like actual burning I don't know what else to try :(

I get awful heat spikes as well if I apply my gel too thick (also very thin nail plates, previous NSS salon user :oops:). A couple of my clients do as well so I tend to keep my gel applications thinner and just do more if needed.

If you get your client to put their hand just on the edge of the light for 10 seconds it should help with the heat spike, then gently move the hand fully into the light. Restart and hopefully they shouldn't have any heat spikes :)

If they do get them to tap the end of their fingers on the table and then edge their nails in again :)
This is what I mean her nails aren't thin or damaged and the layers are as thin as can be I also get her to place her hand at the edge but her heat spikes are unbareable I don't know what else to try, if her nails were thin or damaged I would understand, the layers are thin she even gets it when cure the base layer

I use CND brisa & have no issue with clients experiencing heat spikes.....apart from 1!! She's great about it though, & what I get her to do on her first initial flash cure (10secs) is just take her hand in & out of the lamp continuously then it subsides ready for her to have a heat-spike free full cure! HTH

I use CND brisa & have no issue with clients experiencing heat spikes.....apart from 1!! She's great about it though, & what I get her to do on her first initial flash cure (10secs) is just take her hand in & out of the lamp continuously then it subsides ready for her to have a heat-spike free full cure! HTH
do you get heat spikes with clients who have badly damaged nail plates may I ask x

do you get heat spikes with clients who have badly damaged nail plates may I ask x

The client that I mentioned has fairly healthy nails, but doesn't really look after them. But I don't have any other clients with badly damaged nails.

The client that I mentioned has fairly healthy nails, but doesn't really look after them. But I don't have any other clients with badly damaged nails.
I have a lot of clients with rings of fire etc and I remove a set of MMA on a weekly basis, I have taken on a lot of new clients recently x

Latest posts

Back