One coat gel polish??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kat27Bro

Reaction score
Hi there, are there any brands of gel polish that require just 1 coat of colour in addition to base and top coat of course? Just looking if there is anything that may save time with application. TIA

INK Do a one coat, CjelP are very pigmented and usually only need one coat.

That said I can usually get one hand done before the 1 minute timer is finished on the hand in the lamp. Unless you have 2 lamps you're not going to save much time. I'm assuming you use LED so 60 seconds cure? At the most you'll save 2 minutes

Last edited:
Yes, you have a good point there Trinity. Thank you. I will look at those brands anyway, but probably best to just get quicker with application really

Yes, you have a good point there Trinity. Thank you. I will look at those brands anyway, but probably best to just get quicker with application really

next time you have a friend/family member in get them to time each section of your process.
Consultation
Removal
Prep
Application
Notes/payment/rebook

This will give you an actual idea of where the time is actually getting away with you.

The next thing to try is to tape your mouth shut 🤣 I'm not being rude I promise....usually most time lost in working is actually due to talking. See how quickly you do a set if you don't speak and just work, I think you'll be surprised.

next time you have a friend/family member in get them to time each section of your process.
Consultation
Removal
Prep
Application
Notes/payment/rebook

This will give you an actual idea of where the time is actually getting away with you.

The next thing to try is to tape your mouth shut 🤣 I'm not being rude I promise....usually most time lost in working is actually due to talking. See how quickly you do a set if you don't speak and just work, I think you'll be surprised.
Haha you're spot on with the talking! I whizz through them when I'm not distracted. To be honest, I'm pretty good with timings, I was just thinking that I could save even more time with a quicker system. I'm mobile so time is especially valuable. Thanks so much for your time Trinity 😁

IKON.IQ Prima gel polishes are one coat. I agree with Trinity about timings. But the other advantages of PRIMA one-coat colour gel polishes are a) you use less product per customer, saving money and b) excellent for nail art, no need to but additional gel paints. One-coat gel polishes also allow you to create thin natural looking nails.

Lecente gel polish is one coat (but I still think it's better with 2 thin coats!) :)

Latest posts

Back