One finger lift.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claireamy

Reaction score
Whenever I do enhancements on myself my index finger on my right hand ALWAYS lifts within 24 hours. This is now driving me nuts because I make sure the prep is faultless. It doesn't happen on any of my other nails. I do sometimes get some lifting on my right hand (its my opposite hand) and I put it down to not working so great with my left hand but this finger is really bad almost immediatley and ends up coming off within 3 days.

Any ideas what's gong on here? As I say, prep is good, application from what I can tell is also good, not touching any cuticle or skin anywhere. HELP - before I go mad!! :Scared:

hey Claireamy
I have had this problem on myseld. I found that it was the angle that I was holding the brush and the actual position of my hand..I didn;t seem to be able to get a good adhesion(i think thats the word ). once I changed the angle of my hand and the angle of the brush I didnt seem to have any problems now.maybe you should change the angle of your hand and brush & see if this makes a difference..hth:idea:

hey Claireamy
I have had this problem on myseld. I found that it was the angle that I was holding the brush and the actual position of my hand..I didn;t seem to be able to get a good adhesion(i think thats the word ). once I changed the angle of my hand and the angle of the brush I didnt seem to have any problems now.maybe you should change the angle of your hand and brush & see if this makes a difference..hth:idea:

I hadn't thought of that. I seem to have the same problem with my thumbs. Well actually, at the mo it's all of them! :irked:

hey Claireamy

Ok thanks, I will try that but what angle do I need to put my hand/brush? Its hard to get the same angle as you would have working on a client on yourself (if that makes sense?!)

Thank god someone else has the same problem.I keep going through my prep etc and everything is the same but that damned index finger on my right hand will not stay put.I use LeChat so I don't know if the angle of the brush would help me out ( I did find if I use a straight gel it stays on the finger so maybe this is what I will have to do all the time).

:green:
Ok thanks, I will try that but what angle do I need to put my hand/brush? Its hard to get the same angle as you would have working on a client on yourself (if that makes sense?!)
I sort of twist my hand,almost like when I am doing a customer . I place my hand on the table and this way I seem to be able to get the right amount of pressure for the acrylic to get a good bond..but it all comes down to how it feels for you.just move your hand slighlty when you are applying the product until you feel comfortable.. hope this makes sense

Latest posts

Back