One stroke advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BPampered

Reaction score
Hi lovelies, ive been working all day on one stroke and was hoping people could give me some advice on what ive done....thanks in advance :)
2a7uhu7a.jpg

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

They look amazing! So detailed for something so small! Fantastic work! :)

Thank u lovely, thats made me smile so much seeing as there first real attempts x

Having tried one stroke myself they look amazing! I really can't get the hang of it! Lol xx

Sent from my HTC One X using SalonGeek mobile app

Im going to be doing some more practice today so if anyone could make any comments on how to improve id really appreciate it :)

I've been practising one stroke as well. Out of interest what brand and size brush are people using

I used a size 0 slanted brush to do those and they were just from a craft shop, but dont know if thats any good or not x

Best thing is a good onestroke brush, crystal nails do some lovely brushes specifically for onestroke, good paints and knowing how to apply the paint, hold the brush and control it takes time.

I love onestroke art as can give such a different look. Practicing with a larger brush in paper can help with the correct sweeping.

It's takes time and kits of practice :) but you'll get there

My one stroke training from today x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1389553582945.jpg
    1389553582945.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 325
Their amazing...I vant wait till I can do work like this!

Here mine at the min, first go since training a few months ago.
The one thing I'm finding hard is the actual composition and how the flowers sit 😕

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1389563548327.jpg
    1389563548327.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 298
These are from when I trained x

Attachments

• 1389563789963.jpg
    1389563789963.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 287
The nails u have atm are beautiful, did u go back over the white to make it pop? X

Thats one thing I really struggle with is detail work, I just think im to heavy handed x

The nails u have atm are beautiful, did u go back over the white to make it pop? X

Thank you 😀 i did yes x

What type of paint do you use for these? I've been using liquitex basics acrylic range but wondering if I may find it easier with another type of paint. I'm thinking of getting some of the crystal nails paint at excel if they have it there. I'm also going to get a slanted brush.

:o seeing all this beautiful art work makes me hang my head in shame! I think I'll just go and paint a barn somewhere......lol:lol:

Best thing is a good onestroke brush, crystal nails do some lovely brushes specifically for onestroke, good paints and knowing how to apply the paint, hold the brush and control it takes time.

I love onestroke art as can give such a different look. Practicing with a larger brush in paper can help with the correct sweeping.

It's takes time and kits of practice :) but you'll get there

Maz, could I just ask which brushes you recommend as I am due to place an order with Crystal Nail and wanted to give this a go, do you also get your paints from there?

I love the crystal nails paints, the onestroke brushes are all good and the Barbara brushes.

I'd def say get one straightf and one slanted brush so you can do the different angles.

I would love to do this just don't no where to started xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back