One stroke harder than I thought!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beas nails

Reaction score
I seriously underestimated how hard one stroke would be. I'm fairly arty and love painting so thought I would get it quite quick, boy was I wrong!!! Using nail pops to practice, applied my normal gelish, cured with top coat and lightly buff to make a rough surface to work on. Using acrylic paints and my normal gel brush (waiting for acrylic brushes to arrive, could that make a difference?!)I have watched hours worth of videos about loading the brushes and how to move the brush. Even though I'm loading the brush it's still goin on thin not like I have seen on the vids? So confused n stressed n sad as I'm dying to concur this! Any words of advice or tips would be great!!!!!!

Forgot to add first try pic
3unaqupa.jpg

Looks good to me chick :hug:

It is imortant that you have a right consistency of paint it have to feel smooth when you mix it. Your looks little bit to wet or not enoght on brush. Also don't be scaret to go over move two times to get more definied and intensive colors. But you always ned to wait till each coat of paint is dry. Ps Parctise make perfect so don't give up make another 10 same flowers and watch the difrence xxx

Using hot water instead of cold helps stop the brush clogging up xx

Thank u so much for a reply!! Now you've mentioned it for acrylic it is really wet (bf bought me the paints, stingy lol) ill get a better quality set n c how I get on. The vid won't load for some reason! Is it on you tube? Xx

I love poly color paints for one stroke ,

I clean my brush and then dab it on to kitchen roll to remove and excess water before I work the paint into it,

the brush you use is also very important , I would say looking at your nail that your brush is a tad to big or your putting to much pressure and splaying it out more than needed,

It's hard to focus on your pic, but was the paint coming off in the middle of the flower ? Just that often happens with to much pressure ,

I use the one stroke nail art brushes from mosaic they are a grate price , perfect sizes , and the bristles are nice and bouncy ,

Could you do this using Shellac? Or do you have to use acrylic paint? I thought that would have affected the longevity but I soo want to have a go! :)

not really as you need to blend the colors on the brush , and your not suposed to mix Shellac , but you could paint the flowers with acrylic paint and sandwitch it beetween the color and top coats of the shellac .

I tried doing it harder and lighter and doesn't seem to make a difference I'm pretty sure the paint is too watery even on paper it's wishy washy and I had loads of paint on my brush. Tried with a smaller one but didn't help. Def gonna invest in proper paint and brushes xxx

I have the same problem with one stroke. I am using reeves paints and they are prety thick usually have to water them down you can get them from any arts shop. It is really hard tomaster though, all the best with it.xx

I am with you Beas Nails, like you I am fairly arty and thought I would pick it up quite quick! Ha ha - So far no luck, I have bought all the correct equipment and keep watching u tube vids. I think from what I can gather its how you blend your colours and hold and move your brush. I think you are supposed to move your brush rather than your hand, if that makes sense? I can't wait to master it xx

So pleased I'm not alone with one stroke! Stressing me out lol! Had few days break might try again over the weekend if can get the right paints, can't wait to b able to offer this, the vids/pics Iv seen are STUNNING!! Would any one know how to price this when I am up to a decent standard?! Xxx

I think the amount of stress this is causing me, at least £100 a nail!! :) xx

I've booked I the course in April god I hope I can do it x

I have just started and love it can do a design I am better at butterflies lol but I do have to go in a touch up lol I will get it in the end xx

Trying to get the hang of it as well. Just need lots of practice.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1364028832.475619.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1364028832.475619.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 268
hello everyone...after watching hundred of hours on youtube with one stroke painting......i had the courage to do a course which was my best ever decision. was so much easier after that. i still not master it but you have to practice every day...again and again..but now i can do the simple designs in a couple minutes..which is great and all my clients gets compliments about that. in this..everything is important..the brush..the colous..the consistency of the colors..i mean everything. i am not saying that you will not be able to get there ,,,but taking a course for this... is the shortcut. good luck xx

I think the amount of stress this is causing me, at least £100 a nail!! :) xx

Lol.. I know what you mean, I need more practice with one stroke too. I swear my brush is too big, but I use the same as on the vids. I don't understand where im going wrong, my flowers come out gigantic. Practice practice :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back