One stroke harder than I thought!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi , just started the tokyo one stroke course from essential nails after having a fairly long break from doing nails .. yep its pretty hard but i am on my second day now and just about ready to complete one of the designs for assessment. I find if i over think about the position of my hand then it starts to look rubbish ! I am finding the best way to hold brush is between thumb and middle finger with index finger raised and not touching the brush that way you can line and roll the brush using your thumb at the same time which is basically what you need to do to complete the shapes that make up the designs. I remember feeling this way when i started acrylics, that i would never get it but i am sure all of a sudden it will start to flow .. i hope !

Using hot water instead of cold helps stop the brush clogging up xx

A nice tip!

One stroke is such a pretty effect and yours looks good so far, just keep trying.

Mine go funny some times too, it pays to take good care of your brushes keeping them super clean and flattened at all times (you know like, pinching the brush bristles between your finger and thumb so that they all stay unified instead of fluffy)

Fluffy or fuzzy brush, even just a bad day can produce blobby plaintings.. keep at it :)

Rachel xoxo

Here's my first attempt at one stroke so please be nice. All done with shellac xx
7u2yhupe.jpg

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk 2

hello everyone...after watching hundred of hours on youtube with one stroke painting......i had the courage to do a course which was my best ever decision. was so much easier after that. i still not master it but you have to practice every day...again and again..but now i can do the simple designs in a couple minutes..which is great and all my clients gets compliments about that. in this..everything is important..the brush..the colous..the consistency of the colors..i mean everything. i am not saying that you will not be able to get there ,,,but taking a course for this... is the shortcut. good luck xx

Hi Adina Nice to read that :) xx Dorota

Thank you so much for all the words of wisdom! Bought some lovely new paints so as soon as the kiddies are in bed I'm ready for round two!! Xx

Has anyone got a link to some good brushes? X

PM Ibizasun, I purchased my brushes from Dorota - they are fab and she also sells nail acrylic paints. I think her website is nailperfect.net xx

PM Ibizasun, I purchased my brushes from Dorota - they are fab and she also sells nail acrylic paints. I think her website is nailperfect.net xx

she's on ebay too if you type nail perfect brushes x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I have just started one stroke, Michaels has some great paints! and they aren't expensive and brushes! start on paper much easier the paint sticks better than to buffed gel surfaces. try tapping in on in a petal pattern than work your way to the full stroke! and just keep doing it!!!! practice practice practice!!! also out lining really helps lol cleans up your lines and really changes the end result!! good luck keep trying! its worth it!! I am obsessed! I try to convince everyone to wear them haha

It took me months and months of one stroke practice to get it right, and if the pains aren't right, no matter how good your Brian is it jut won't work. I'm no expert but I love love love one stroke :) x

Ps first pic before detail & shine

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1366262902.052185.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1366262902.052185.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 109
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1366262953.258060.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1366262953.258060.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 109

Latest posts

Back