One stroke painting help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CGritt

Reaction score
hi fellow geeks

I have been dabbling in one stroke and am lovin it!! I have been watching the Kirsty Meakin vids on lol nails and although she details well etc i dont really like the designs and they are nothing compared to the designs i have seen on utube etc.

I have just about got the technique down i thinmk but am really struggling with the actual concept of seeing the design in my head (If that makes sense?) the order of where to start first and how to lay things out etc

Does anyone know of any one stroke painting courses/vids that could possibly help me out other than the EN/LOL nails course? I think the EN course is quite expensive for what it is

any help is fab thanks guys :)

visualizing is a reallly important part of being a nail tech , we need to use that skill even when doing your normal enhancements or polish we need to look at the clients hands , style , natural nail shape and visualize our end result before we start ,

flowers and art are allot like this to , while horizontal patterns or lines may look amazing with someone with long nails and nail beds, fingers they may widen and make the short and stubby the nails of someone with natural short chubby fingers , just as deeper smile lines will give the illusion of curve and shape to a flat nail ,

when placing one stroke designs its all about the layers ,

Back Ground
you have the main back ground first, you might choose a rock star look , metallic color, a color fade or a block of color , try to think what color your art will be make sure the back ground will give the desired effect eg ; monochrome , light pink nails with dark pink flowers and red leafs and accents will be a different effect from bright sky blue with luminous pink flowers witch will be very striking and demand attention ,

base detail
By now you should know what your design will look like , where your flowers will be and what accents you will be adding ,
vines, curls, and leafs i add first , if doing a flower say in the corner of the nail i will add the vines / leafs where I would see them if the flower was there

flowers and Budd's

add your flowers , buds , place them in according with the curls and leafs you have already placed ,

top layer details .
more leafs if needed , dots , gems what ever is in your mind ,

and then the best bit top coat this will totally bring out the layers / dimensions in your painting .

this is just how i do it , im sure there are other ways but i find this the logical way and i find it enables me to think up designs on the spot .

Have you got any photos ?
Ceri x

what can i say? amazing feedback there thank you so much!! :)

I can try to upload some pics later, i am slightly stuggling at the moment though as the brush i am using is too big i think, i have ordered a smaller one but it has not yet arrived.

I have been practasing with a normal brush on normal plain paper, this is affecting the paint slightly as the paper is sucking the finish of the paint.

I have tried on some nails but like i said, my brush is a wee bit too big for me to do anything with at the moment.

Will try to upload some pic later tho :)

Once again thanks for the feedback :)

I went on a one stroke course with crystal nails. I was abit like you had dabbled with it but never truly got the hang of it. Course was £90 and now you can't stop me!!! :) x

Latest posts

Back