One to One help need with applying nail polish/enamel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claire-Bear

Reaction score
Is there anyone in the Bristol/North Somerset Area that can help me please!!

:cry:I am not at all happy with my application of nail polish/enamel. Although I passed my assessments at college I am not at all confident with my techniques. Is there anyone willing to give me some one-to-one tuition/tips, I am happy to pay for your time!!

I know practise make perfect......but I haven't got anyone to practise on. I've tried sticking false nails to spatulas and plasticine but its not the same as the real thing.

I seem to be stuck in a never ending circle - whenever I am applying enamel the nerves set in and I'm sure I'm making mistakes because I'm not confident.........

Can anyone help me please!!

have you tried a nail trainer? i was really bad at applying polish as id never done it before ( i used to bite my nails really badly) but i bought one of these and love it!!! i spend hours applyin polish then takin it off an re-applyin it i can go at my own pace without havin to badger my mates to let me practice on them!!!!! good luck hun

The nail trainer is a fab tool that you will be able to practice on whenever you like, its so realistic. Have a read of Geeg's percision polishing and relax.
Hold the bottle so it is comfortable in your hand, load enough polish onto the brush, do the 3 strokes etc. etc.
If your worried about flooding bring the brush up to cuticle area and pause....the polsih will move itself up, I always go by the rule 1st coat forms the shape 2nd for coverage this works for me and always have a lil nail art brush and some scrub fresh handy!

there are many ways to apply polish, none of them more correct than another check out Nail Zoo Video Page "French painting videos", this is how I Polish, painting the front third first (acting as a reservoir) and allow even coverage of the polish, many have a different method, this is merely mine......

Hi Claire,

How far are you from Bristol ?

Marlise

Is it French or coloured polish you struggle with, or both? You are welcome to come and shadow either me or my colleague at my salon in Bristol when we have some manicures or pedicures in if you still aren't getting anywhere after reading all the above info offered to you.

Or book yourself in for a mani, you'll learn a lot from just watching. NailZoo's vids are great too.

Is it French or coloured polish you struggle with, or both? You are welcome to come and shadow either me or my colleague at my salon in Bristol when we have some manicures or pedicures in if you still aren't getting anywhere after reading all the above info offered to you.

Or book yourself in for a mani, you'll learn a lot from just watching. NailZoo's vids are great too.

I can vouch for Cathie. I have shadowed her AND had a set of sculpts done! Brill! Going for my infills tomorrow! Yippee! :hug:

Cathie

I would really love to take you up on your offer of shadowing (and perhaps a manicure aswell). How can I contact you to arrange this?

Thanks to all other Geeks for their replys so far.

Cathie

I would really love to take you up on your offer of shadowing (and perhaps a manicure aswell). How can I contact you to arrange this?

Thanks to all other Geeks for their replys so far.
I have sent you a PM, it's not compulsary to have your nails done there lol!

This is just why I love this site so much. there are so many geeks willing to go out of their way to help others.

Yes its a great site to get help from,i was going to ask for some help t get my confidence up abit but i dont think any geeks live near me anyway.Glad you have got some help though and good luck xx

Geeg's tutorial on Precision Polishing helped me immensely and I'm pleased to report that "shakey hand syndrome" is most definitely a thing of the past.

Just wanted you all to know that I have been practising my nail painting over the past few days following some tips picked up from the videos and tutorials and I'm starting to feel a bit more confident. But I'm still going to take Cathie up on her offer...............I'm off to Majorca next week and have told my sister that whilst she is relaxing around the pool I will be practising on her nails!!!!

Thanks once again for all your support.

Claire-Bear

Latest posts

Back