O'nine gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah didn't realise there is one in China.. That's interesting x

Ah didn't realise there is one in China.. That's interesting x

There is only 1 O Nine & they are a Chinese company.

Just as there is only 1 Nail Harmony & they are a US company.

As an Island that doesn't manufacture these brands we import them using an authorised distributor.

Julie Brown & her website Home of Julie Brown Nails and Education are the official UK distributor of O Nine products from China.

There is only 1 O Nine & they are a Chinese company.

Just as there is only 1 Nail Harmony & they are a US company.

As an Island that doesn't manufacture these brands we import them using an authorised distributor.

Julie Brown & her website Home of Julie Brown Nails and Education are the official UK distributor of O Nine products from China.

I didn't realise this I guess I hadn't looked into them much beforehand. Thank you, you are so knowledgable about all these things! X

They've told me that they are a French company and only moved their production to Shanghai. They've said they definitely do not test on animals...??

They've told me that they are a French company and only moved their production to Shanghai. They've said they definitely do not test on animals...??

It is a fact that to manufacture & sell cosmetics in China the final products must be submitted for legally mandatory animal testing. There are no exceptions to this law.

It is also a fact that O Nine UK have been caught telling numerous untruths.

I really do suggest a 5 minute google with relation to animal testing in China. You will soon discover it isn't optional. It is compulsory.

I would expect nothing less from this company than denials of easily proven facts.

Shanghai is in China, which means it has to be animal tested.

Whether they're bending the truth or the reps don't know their own product I don't know but it just sounds like a dodgy company to me xx

Marketing restrictions in China are pretty non existent. In the UK it is regulated but the problem is so vast that mostly what is dealt with are companies with lots of complaints.

The content of O Nine UK is directly cut & pasted from the O Nine China website. So perhaps this truly is a case of ignorance over wilful deception.

I think that it is important to exercise some caution here. What Willowrose says about Chinese restrictions is quite true. After many years doing business there, I can say that while most Chinese products are good, there is a lack of regulatory oversight there that can make buying from there problematic. If the product is manufactured and sold there, the animal testing is required. I believe that if it is only manufactured there, it does not.

The way their reps have conducted themselves in this forum (scare tactics, attacks on others, misrepresentation as multiple users, etc.) does not bode well for the quality of their products, but what concerns me more is their statements about the "safety" of their products as compared to others. They make a very bold statement about the danger of hybrid gel products, but there is no evidence that the use of solvents in gel polishes is dangerous. If you look at O'Nine's MSDS, their ingredients are no different than any other gel polish - the same oligomers, monomers, methacrylate and acrylate. Compare it, for example, with Gelish Top It Off.

So my advice is to do what professionals do - apply your training, education, and intellect to the matter at hand and determine what is in your clients' (and your own) best interests.

I think that it is important to exercise some caution here. What Willowrose says about Chinese restrictions is quite true. After many years doing business there, I can say that while most Chinese products are good, there is a lack of regulatory oversight there that can make buying from there problematic. If the product is manufactured and sold there, the animal testing is required. I believe that if it is only manufactured there, it does not.

The way their reps have conducted themselves in this forum (scare tactics, attacks on others, misrepresentation as multiple users, etc.) does not bode well for the quality of their products, but what concerns me more is their statements about the "safety" of their products as compared to others. They make a very bold statement about the danger of hybrid gel products, but there is no evidence that the use of solvents in gel polishes is dangerous. If you look at O'Nine's MSDS, their ingredients are no different than any other gel polish - the same oligomers, monomers, methacrylate and acrylate. Compare it, for example, with Gelish Top It Off.

So my advice is to do what professionals do - apply your training, education, and intellect to the matter at hand and determine what is in your clients' (and your own) best interests.

Always love your posts :D

Just to say O Nine is marketed & sold to the China market. The website shows a list of Chinese salons stocking it.

Having visited my fair share of production facilities in the 3rd world I would think a company would find it impossible to suggest the process is ethical/green/ecologically sound. It is an eye opening experience.

Many moons ago I was a glasses wearing geek who worked in R&D for a skin care giant. They frequently mused on Chinese manufacture & market penetration because they saw $$$$ signs. It got to consultation stages twice in the 5 years I was there & both times it was concluded the damage to image would be so extreme it wasn't worth the savings. Sadly they have now entered the Chinese market because it is so profitable :(

After having enough of research I went into marketing & specifically corporate image consultancy. 2 years ago I signed the skin care brand I had previously worked for :D Even now with millions spent their image is not what it was. But their profits are up which is what shareholders wanted.

In my eyes it isn't possible to be an ethically sound business whilst manufacturing in China & selling in their marketplace.

Last edited:
Doug Schoon would be horrified seeing this removal ....

Goodness , never seen such an aggressive 'professional' removal before :sad:

OMG, I just watched that removal. I am just stunned! I cannot believe they posted that as an example of an easy or proper removal. She spent 1:43 minutes buffing ONE nail. And after ten minutes of soaking the gel hadn't budged and she had to pry it from the nail plate. I can't imagine the damage done to that nail. I am quite shocked.

Compare that removal to a CND Shellac removal - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDGgHtIuxYo

or Gelish - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21yG_2EeHz4

or even consumer brand GelShine - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSL14tL7WYc

So much scraping :|

Also was totally distracted by the techs nails

That removal fills me with horror! Think I will stick with opi gelcolor:D

Jeez oh, I had to stop at the digging off the colour bit, surely that's not the company's own video? It's horrendous.
I have to admit I was enjoying the original thread, it was so bad it was good! Customer service obviously as good as the removal process.
Like Maisy, thank goodness for my OPI. :Love:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back