Online booking system just for myself - is it worth it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SparklesLeah

MsTaylor&Co
Reaction score
Hi ladies and gents

I have a small salon, only myself working in it and currently take bookings via Facebook, phone and text.

Is it really worth getting an online booking system? Would I see an increase in bookings?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

:)

I am also interested in this because my doubts are always that if people make their own bookings, do they always book in for the right thing? For example, they turn up for a pedicure appointment but haven’t booked to have the last gel soaked off... therefore you’re running late or the other way around, when I know a particular lady will only take 15mins but the computer says no because she’s tried to book a leg wax which everyone else needs 30mins for, so I would miss out on her booking. does anyone ever have these problems with their online booking systems... it’s put me off getting one. Sorry to jump in, but would deffo like to hear people’s views x

Hi Ruby S that’s okay
I am thinking the client would book in for a pedicure with gel removal, but then that’s depending on them to book the right thing in the first place.
Let’s see what other people say about their systems and if their is a great advantage to having online booking or not.
Are you working alone too?

Yeah it’s just me. X

Omg yes, I use Schedul it's free and totally changed my life! Seriously do it, clients love it, I love it, it's win win. I had a website built then linked schedul to it, if you'd like to have a look feel free

Www.innerpeacetherapiesrugby.co.uk

Thanks holisticzoe do you need a website or can you link it up via your Facebook and Instagram? Do you still get a mixture of online bookings and phone calls / texts? X

Mainly online bookings now it's so much easier for everyone, I just occasionally check my days and alter appointment times if I need to, you get to know how long your regulars take.
No website needed you can link to fb book now button, I just think a website is more professional.

If you create a page on facebook you have the option to add bookings and services. You can put your prices and a description of the service and also your availability for bookings x

Yes, I work alone from home and have often thought about on line booking too.
I don't think it would work for my situation (but I'm sure for many others it's probably great!)
My reasons not to do it are:
  • A good 90% of my clients book their next appointment when with me - so quick to just write it into my appointment book
  • Probably half my clients do not use the internet let alone Facebook
  • I bet most of them would book the wrong thing let alone thinking about gel removal as an extra...
  • My paper book allows me to adjust times to cope with lateness / arriving early / talking too much, can't get them out the door / quick clients / slow clients / the one (yes, you know who you are...!) that needs the loo 3 times in one hour

Basically can't trust them! :rolleyes:
As you have probably guessed, most of my clients are 65+..... but very faithful...
:)

This is exactly my reason. I know a lady tomorrow for example will want her brows done and also a 20minute chat after rebooking! Haha!

This is exactly my reason. I know a lady tomorrow for example will want her brows done and also a 20minute chat after rebooking! Haha!
ha ha!
Yep, got one of those too.
This week it's the dispute with her neighbour over mending the fence between them!! :rolleyes:

ha ha!
Yep, got one of those too.
This week it's the dispute with her neighbour over mending the fence between them!! :rolleyes:
I have one client who takes 10 mins to get on and off my drive!! :rolleyes:

I think I'm too much of a control freak to allow clients to book their own appointments!:p

Yes Shedul!! Put gel removal at the top of the nail treatments. Remind clients when you introduce the booking system that they will need to make sure they book the removal. If they don't then it's a lesson learnt. Maybe you could put a poster up in your room giving them the info and tips for the online booking being introduced and you could put that on there.

It's so worth it 95% of my bookings are online.

Yes definitely. Apart from having everything centralised in the same place - you can automated some processes like sending automated SMS reminders or confirmations plus you have your appointments in one calendar as well as your customer base in one place all indexable/searchable. Bookis is another option that you can try as well.

Hello,
Do you think a booking system would work for a mobile therapist? I'm thinking not due to travelling in between clients and not knowing where I will be located treatment to treatment but I would really appreciate any thoughts on this? or any advice.
Thank you x

Hello,
Do you think a booking system would work for a mobile therapist? I'm thinking not due to travelling in between clients and not knowing where I will be located treatment to treatment but I would really appreciate any thoughts on this? or any advice.
Thank you x

I don't think that would be an issue. As long as you are within the same country it doesn't matter. You can access a booking system online from anywhere (given its an online system). The core of a booking system is a calendar where you add the customer information time/date. From there its a matter of scheduling automated SMS/Email reminders/confirmations if you would like. Being a mobile therapist should not prevent you from using one.

Hello,
Thank you x

Personally this would be a definite no from me! Bad planning of a day as a mobile therapist can be a totally nightmare. I try and plan my days so I’m never driving forward and back between areas. I plan my round and my clients with location in mind. Plus they are not able to book travelling slots as they can’t see where you are going to and from xx

Hi everyone

This thread have answered some of my worries about installing a software. From I what I can gather from your answers. It seems Schedul is by far the best. I wanted to ask if anyone have used You Are On TimE? Also can anyone recommend a good cash receipt machine please?

Many thanks

Latest posts

Back